Aqua's Late Start Reef Journal

If you have a lot of sticks that’ll happen. I just reset my tank kinda so everything is at a stand still. I looked to have less corals than you and I’m at 9 ml per day. I just added about 12 frags in a week so that’ll change a bit

0422181756.jpg
0422181756.jpg

Dong hooked me up with this sweet Maxima!

Been a rough summer, tank got up to 85 over the 4th while I was outta town, that lead to a massive bleach 3 weeks later. Lost every Acro besides my bali green slimer and my tricolor. RIP :(

thx ares, at least I get to add more corals again it was really full to the brim before the bleach

Making another upgrade tomorrow my dudes! Steppin up to a Nuvo Fusion 40 gal, going to sell the biocube 29 with everything needed to get started if someone is looking for a good starter setup. Here is the pre swap prep work
1012181159.jpg

Disappeared for a while due to school and work, but I'm back! So the first iteration of the nuvo 40 hit a bad outbreak, lost all SPS 2 fish, and most corals. Survivors are lobo, trachy, acan, and some zoo's sadly eveything else perished.

Just before finals were approaching I noticed a serious biofilm forming, so I decided to dose chemiclean which ended up being a big mistake. The Chemiclean seemed to work for the biofilm, but unfortunately a week after I had an extreme outbreak of what I believe was Lyngbya. Couldn't keep it at bay and had to go through finals as my tank was quickly being overrun. Not a fun month to say the least.

Well now that its over, I moved the survivors to the OG biocube 14, currently now sitting on my kitchen table. I Bleached the IM, killed every last bit of that headache (hopefully). The water from the breakdown was black like sewage, insane.

The new tank Lives! Ill update its progress here. fingers crossed this is one of few full restarts.
0613191348.jpg

Also I am switching to Aquaforest Balling method, coralbox doser to dose my new 3 part installed.
0627191327.jpg
0703192208.jpg

have some small dinos in my high par area, took a sample into Lab with me last week, pretty cool to get a definite ID on the problem
0703191638_HDR (1).jpg

guys reefbreeders RP-M saved my a** last night, 3.5 hour black out. Ran it off my Anker 20,000 mAh power bank with the included adapter. Huge selling point I highly recommend it to anyone considering them

Alright, things are going well here... knock on wood. Added 2 RFG's from vivid creature aquatics to get some better random flow, and the Sherman has been paroled from anemone jail after serving a solid 3 weeks lol. Also snapped some good pics this morning.

This summer I have added 2 yasha gobies (bonded pair) with a pistol shrimp as well as 2 pom pom crabs, so the tank is getting stocked!

0729191108a.jpg
0729191104a.jpg
0729191104.jpg

Seriously you're not allowed to swear in your own build thread? Are we puritans now?

Seriously you're not allowed to swear in your own build thread? Are we puritans now?
Yep, that is correct. I get what you saying, but this is a family oriented club that will not put up with it. Sorry to disappoint. You can PM me or email me if need be. biggiepauls33 (at) bostonreefers (dot) org

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back