PAC sun or orphik

Zirky

Non-member
I'm thinking of a couple v4 compacts from brs as this years Black Friday up grade .does anyone have any thoughts or advice. Is it a worthwhile upgrade from my pac sun pandora? Will I get anything when I sell my PAC sun? Is any one offering better than 25% off the orphik? Thanks in advance.

Ive commented on the orphek. I ran two v4 compacts for a few months. Never liked the gateway/i ternet connection. App is inferior to others very basic. Worst for me is inability to isolate colors. The orphek groups UV with some blue for example. They make heavy fixtures. For the right person they’re a good light. I prefer my hydras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for responding since I only have wifi and not wired internet my decision was made for me. Truth is I really like the PAC sun. If I ever get a bigger tank I'll probably supplement with kessils.

I’ve used a Pandora Hyperion for a few years and really liked it. I ended up selling it for $600, paid about $2400 for it. I only sold it because it did not provide enough coverage for my tank. I don’t think you get a good percentage of recovery with these fixtures.

I would keep the light if it is meeting your needs and expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks I've decided to upgrade my controller instead of my light for now I do like the PAC sun especially the lunar cycle. It's a little to easy to get sucked into the Black Friday sales

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back