Carx help

ReeferSutherland

Chas
BRS Member
Hi all, my Solenoid is set to 7.18 to 7.2 ph for inside the reactor. It seems every day there is a spike in ph somehow. The recirclation pump is always on and the feed pump is always on. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this please?
94bfda9ef81d2e9ccf708c2d8a4104c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be your light schedule.
Also, do you have your skimmer intake taking air from outside the house?

Do you use feed mode when you feed the tank and does it coincide with that time?

look At the PH of your tank and compare it to the reactor. It seems likes it a light schedule thing. Does the increase in PH track with the light being on?
What media are you using? 7.2 is not going to dissolve much media.

I don’t monitor DT ph. The light schedule shouldn’t affect it because the solenoid is set to come on at 7.2 to lower it to 7.18. I think demand is increasing so I lowered the range to 6.8-6.9. I am using a carbondoser reg and kamoer continuous doser for feed pump

I would still look at the time period where the PH is spiking. And see if you can correlate that to lighting schedule of the tank.
But I agree. If you have the controller to spray in more CO2 when PH is increasing then the PH in the reactor should be pretty stable.
You SHOULD monitor your tank PH. I can careless what's the CARX PH as long as the effluent coming out of the reactor is <7.0. And that the effluent is tested very high in ALK, CA, and MG. And most important of all, the DT tank parameters are where I want to be.
How is the parameter in your DT?

if using a standard solenoid try increasing your bubble count a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m going to try to set everything to always on, adjust the bubbles to maintain a consistent ph in the reactor and monitor DT ph. All levels in DT are good, only the ph I do not know. I figure there is a swing from lighting schedule in DT.

Does anyone only dose at night or certain times of the day?

What’s the temp in the room of your DT like throughout the day?
It could also be due to the fluctuation of that, given it’s getting warmer out

What’s the temp in the room of your DT like throughout the day?
It could also be due to the fluctuation of that, given it’s getting warmer out

I think your onto something here... the daily spikes started April 24th. I’m thinking the reg wasn’t turned up enough(not enough co2) to keep the daytime carx ph down.

I just did a bunch of alkalinity tests every hour. Lights go on at 2:30. Alk8. 3:00 Alk 8. 4:00 alk 8.2. So now I’m going to turn off the carx feed pump when the lights are on. I’m guessing when the corals are photosynthesizing they are not drawing alkalinity from the water

Actually if they weren’t consuming it, the alk would’ve increased. I’d say that .2 might be in the test kit error lvl

Just checked it and it’s 8.1. So that means it worked. I do t have a trident to verify but I think it keeps a more stable system to only add alkalinity during off light hours

After just checking alkalinity again with the Hanna checker I got 8.3. Does anyone know if the tanks alkalinity rises because of the lights going on? My carx feed pump has been off all day but still managed to rise 0.3 in 5 hours

You are over analyzing it. Just test at the same time once a day. there will be fluctuations based on time you test. The best time to test for alk. is before the lights come on in the morning. either way try to test at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ok I will do that. But by not dosing during the day I’m trying to minimize the alk swing. What I’m not sure of if this is even possible or if it goes up no matter what. We need someone with a trident to confirm! [emoji39]

maybe for your setup you are running it too low. pick a higher range and adjust drip rate into the tank accordingly. i run 7.5-7.6 and the tank is rock solid. there is a spike in the range but never outside.

the fact you are spiking north of your adjusted range, tells me your flows are too high. if new higher ph water flows into the chamber when the solenoid shuts off, and the water drips into your tank too fast, ph will overshoot north even when the solenoid turns back on and allows co2 back in.

other factors would be its too small a reactor for your setup or a sh*t probe

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back