Search results

1. wdebenedettojr

Light Question

I would say that’s accurate. Pretty much the best way to describe it is when you go to any frag show or look at corals online and EVERYTHING is all blue that’s the look you will get if you go blues. Having some whiter spectrum is important to
  2. wdebenedettojr

Light Question

Looked at both in the stores, watched videos online, and spoke with Dre and Yorgos at love the reef. The blues were just to blue imo. If I ran just an lps tank maybe but the pros get very blue as well. I run an sps and lps tank.
  3. wdebenedettojr

Light Question

Fan of the radions. I have the g6 pros. I have used black box no names, pacific sun, orpheks, apex. Found the radions to be best imo
  4. wdebenedettojr

Gone Leopard Wrasse

Sent a pm
  5. wdebenedettojr

The struggle continues….

What kind of test kit are you using to test nutrients and your alk? To me that looks like a nutrient issue. As Chris mentioned running some carbon might be a good idea. Have you ever done an icp yet?
  6. wdebenedettojr

FS SPS Frags and Packs

Tank looks great Bryan! Thanks for the frags and was good to catch up! #Flo
  7. wdebenedettojr

FS SPS Frags and Packs

Texted you Bryan
  8. wdebenedettojr

Angel quarantining

I know I am in the minority but I do not like the ttm method. I think it’s stressful for fish especially the fish you are referring to (angels). I keep a 30 gallon qt going in my basement and every fish I add to either of my tanks go through about an 8 week treatment. I treat with copper power...
  9. wdebenedettojr

Reef Exclusive LLC in Tewksbury. Anyone heard of it?

Has the owner told you when they are opening? Are they going to be a retail store or just online type of thing?
  10. wdebenedettojr

Looks like I just missed you Brian!
  11. wdebenedettojr

Photos I took from outside
  12. wdebenedettojr

So I drove by just now. It appears they took over an old dry cleaners. There are a number of tanks set up but no one was there when I just went by. It looks like they are trying to cycle everything, I saw 0 livestock. It would be nice if this works out. I live 5 minutes away.
  13. wdebenedettojr

I live down the street. Will have to drive by tomorrow
  14. wdebenedettojr

Water Changes, Yes or No?

I do 1.5 gallons a day via dos pumps on my apex. Ever since I set that system up tank was never better.
  15. wdebenedettojr

Sold Blue Hippo / Regal Tang

I had one that would munch zoas and fleshy brain corals like trachys/welso’s
  16. wdebenedettojr

Ques. (Question of the Day) Controller or no controller

So while I appreciate what Jake Adams did for the hobby I think he is off base a bit. It seems his gripe here is more with the cost of the units vs the actual usability and how it enables people to maintain tanks much easier. He talks about how a controller is not necessary (which I agree it...
  17. wdebenedettojr

I couldn’t agree. From looking at other forums it’s clear most of the time fail safes and proper programming could have prevented the catastrophe but people are quick to blame the apex itself. Remember the apex is essentially a computer, the computer is only as good as the person entering the...
  18. wdebenedettojr

While I’m sure there are some malfunctions absolutely, nothing works 100%. I guess what I’m trying to say is that if the apex is installed correctly and programmed with failsafes, even with some malfunctions the system has failsafes to prevent catastrophe. I had an apex brain malfunction under...
  19. wdebenedettojr

Had my trident controlled dosing set up for years. What I have seen on other forums with issue to wipe outs and controlled dosing is when the dosing is set people leave the percentages open way to far to allow for a quick change in dosing. If people shorten these percentages and the range of the...
  20. wdebenedettojr

Would never run a tank without an apex. Have used apex’s for over 10 years. Everything on my tanks is automated including my mixing station. I have a 180 aggressive with an apex that I have set up for water changes with the dos pumps, ato. My 90 gallon reef has everything automated, dosing, auto...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back