Search results

1. J

Regret

I’m just writing this here because I’m sure you guys will understand the devastation. I recently moved and downsized my 90 gallon to a 5 gallon and kept only my favorite coral that I’ve had since the beginning and frags of the acros that hung on with me while I figured out dosing and stuff...
  2. J

Gone 90 gallon tank stand and sump

The tank is scratched but it doesn’t leak. It’s just the tank stand and sump. No equipment. I forgot how big the sump is but it has no baffles. It’s hard enough to have to break down this tank so I don’t need any drama along with it. I am going to go in order of who contacts me so if you feel I...
  3. J

Free Live rock and urchins

I am breaking down my tank. It’s a 90 gallon and has a lot of rock. I’d like to give away everything inside. The catch is, the rocks also have pests. There’s algae aptasia, Cyanobacteria... pretty much a little bit of everything. There’s also some coral left on the rocks. There’s a large rock...
  4. J

Dream purchase

If you were going through a divorce and wanted to get a celebratory gift once it’s finalized, what would your dream purchase be? I’m looking for ideas for a present to get myself. It can be livestock or equipment. I don’t have much as far as systems goes. I have a 90 gallon tank with a skimmer...
  5. J

Can someone fix my ro unit?

Anyone want to troubleshoot with me? I can’t get my ro unit to work. It shows zero pressure and all of the water comes out of the waste line while noting comes out of the other side. Granted I did unplug everything and may have gotten the lines mixed up but I don’t think I did. I did have a...
  6. J

Algae bloom

So, this is my freshwater tank but I’m hoping to get help from you guys anyway. My tank is so cloudy I can only see a few inches in. Any way to fix it? The ignore it until it gets better route isn’t working. I’m a master of algae. In my garden I’m a master weed grower and not the kind of weed...
  7. J

Banggai cardinalfish

Hi, I have a few of these guys and I’m wondering what they eat other than frozen. Mine won’t touch pellets. I haven’t tried flakes because I don’t have any and didn’t want to buy some only to find out they won’t eat those either. If you guys have some, what do you feed them?
  8. J

Hydor pump really loud

I just got a Hydor pump for my 90 gallon. I think it’s 1000 something gph. It hums so loud! It’s so distracting and probably bothers the fish also. Is this normal? If they’re loud like this I’ll return it. If not maybe mine is defective and I can just exchange it. They were on sale so I thought...
  9. J

Gone Free zoas

Please check location before contacting. I’m in Northborough. Free zoa frags. Or just take the whole rock. They haven’t been under the best light so have lost their color but it’s coming back fast. What they look like now and what they look like happy. I have hair algae but no other pests that I...
  10. J

Algae

Why do all of my tanks grow this algae? I just end up fighting it for months only to loose the battle and have the tank crash. I really don’t want to go this route again. I set this tank up a few weeks ago. I used live rock and lives and so there was not much of a cycle. Right now there are two...
  11. J

I’m getting a 90 gallon!

Please help me do things right. I had a 75 for a year or so but it crashes twice before finally springing a leak. I shoved everything into a 29 gallon and gave away a few fish that wouldn’t fit. That was going well until I dropped my light fixture in the tank. I’ve been running it with just the...
  12. J

Saltwater concentrate?

I saw this at the pet store yesterday. Is this something that can be done? Add a lot of salt to a little bit of water and then add a little of that concentrate to more water for each water change? To save on mixing time?
  13. J

Do these have a name?

I'm just curious. They're my favorite zoas and I'm wondering if they look close to a named kind. It's hard to get a good pic. There are two colors. Some look geenish and some look more gold.
  14. J

40 gallon on a 75 stand?

Can this be safely done? It is a wooden stand with plywood on the top. My 75 sprung a leak. I have a 40.gallon I can use but don't have a stand.
  15. J

Metrowest ro/di water

Hi, My tank sprung a leak today so I need to move everything to a new tank. Does anyone know where I can get ro water? I need around 40 gallons. My filter isn't working well and it would take a couple of days to get that much. I could pick up today or tomorrow afternoon. Metrowest is preferred...
  16. J

Coral sitter

Hi all, I'm going on vacation and need a sitter for a black sun coral I'm nursing back to health. It needs to eat every day and takes around an hour to eat. I take it out of the tank and put it in a small container with a cube of food which I blow around with a baster. Its not shy and will open...
  17. J

What kind of crab is this?

I got this sorry looking coral today and noticed it had two crabs in it. Crabs creep me out big time because they look way too much like spiders but if they won't do harming my tank I guess they can stay.
  18. J

Please suggest a skimmer

Hi all, I have finally restarted my 75 gallon after losing my battle with algae. I have everything up and running and am slowly restocking. I think I need to find some live sand and add a couple of pieces of live rock because right now things are pretty boring. I also would like to add a...
  19. J

Best way to start over

Hi. It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to start my tank over. Just a reminder, ever since a pump exploded and caused my tank to crash, I've been dealing with this http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?137074-Tank-crashed-and-now-I-can-t-fix-it. I have tried everything...
  20. J

Tank crashed and now I can't fix it

So, I guess I'll start from the beginning. This is kind of a new tank, but not really because all I did was transfer everything from a smaller tank into a bigger tank. I had a 29 gallon tank with a 10 gallon sump up and running for a year and a half. Things were going great. I loved the tank...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back