Search results

1. Curren007K

Free 200lbs Aragonite Substrate

I just emptied out my 180G aquarium this past Sunday and have 200lbs of Carib Sea Aragonite Sea Floor Substrate available. Its a mix of crushed coral, gravel and sand. Its out of water and filled up four 5G buckets. Its available for free but the only condition is I used up all my buckets so...
  2. Curren007K

Maxspect Gyre Vs Jebao Crossflow Vs IceCap 3K Gyre

Anyone have any experience with the more affordable alternatives to the maxspect gyre? I'm looking to switch over my wave makers but really don't want to drop $500 on two pumps and a controller.
  3. Curren007K

Zebra Eel Tail Rot

My Zebra Eel has been on a one week hunger strike, he has shown no interest at all in food. The first few days I didn't think much of it, he can go a while without eating. However yesterday he emerged from his PVC lair with considerable damage to his tail. The scales and tissue were torn apart...
  4. Curren007K

Flame Hawkfish Behavioral Change

My 4-year old Flame Hawkfish's behavior changed from being highly active doing laps around the tank and perching to hiding under live rock and in caves. His belly got pale, less red than normal and his appetite was mush lesser than usual though he was still eating mysis, brine and flakes. Sadly...
  5. Curren007K

Adult Panther Grouper

Krystal Clear has a donated almost full grown Panther Grouper and they're really looking to give it a home. Priced at $90, one of the employees mentioned they'd really take any offer. I have a 180G mixed reef, three tangs, adult clown, hawkfish, chromis, coral beauty, ruby wrasse, 30" zebra...
  6. Curren007K

Free Free Coral

Could some kind Mod please move this to the marketplace? Making room in my sump, both colonies are free to who ever would like to pick them up in Spencer, MA. Photos are from March and colonies have covered a lot more since. Pink Encrusting Gorganians. Purple Star Polyps. Thanks.
  7. Curren007K

Check Valves

Two true union ball check valves failed. Just a friendly reminder/warning not to soley rely on check valves in your return line and plan to accomodate extra water in your sump!
  8. Curren007K

Yellow Belly Regal Blue

I'm concered for my 10 year old Yellow Belly Regal Blue Tang. She'll rest in one corner of the tank periodically, when she does swim she refrains from using her tail fin instead relying heavily on her pectoral fins. After futher examination, it appears a layer of tissue has been aggeitated...
  9. Curren007K

The Incredible Journey of the Traveling Hawkfish

Hawkey the Flame Hawkfish had an exciting weekend. The Fishtank God's must've been in his favor, thank you Posiden and Neptune! This little guy managed to jump the baffle into the corner over flow... Travel up into the durso stand pipe... Voyage down the 16' of 1-1/4" drain lines into my...
  10. Curren007K

The old switcheroo

I have a Reeflo Manta Ray that is a bit overkill for my set up. I've been running it for 1.5 years and would like to downsize. I'd like to switch it out with a Reeflo Barracuda/Hammerhead Hybrid. Thought I'd post to see if anyone is in the reverse situation where they're in need a more power...
  11. Curren007K

Manual vs Dosing vs Kalkwasser

I have a 180G mixed reef with a basement 20G mech filter (skimmer tank) and 150G refugium, total volume of water is 300G. I've been a manual guy for a while now, mixing and add suppliments as needed between water changes. As my live stock of coral has gone up so has the demand for suppliments...
  12. Curren007K

Drain from basement to exterior

My 180G display in my living room overflows into a 150G stock tank in my basement I use for my refegium and gets pumped back upstairs. Currently I have a tee with a ball valve, hose barb and tubing I use to fill up 5G buckets to do water changes. In my laziness I let 5G buckets of water...
  13. Curren007K

RODI Auto Shut Off Valve

Enjoy this crudely drawn diagram of my RODI and Booster pump. I want to install a auto shut off valve and float switch on my storage container. Could someone verify where the valve should be installed, is this correct?
  14. Curren007K

Live Aquaria - Worcester Area

Planning on placing a live aquaria order. Does anyone want to jump in on it? Pick up would be in Spencer, Ma.
  15. Curren007K

Dental Work

Nothing like a good teeth cleaning! My Coral Banded Shrimp taking care of Rex the Zebra Eel's dental work. With my Coral Bulldozing Urchin hanging out. https://vimeo.com/207665131
  16. Curren007K

RO Buddy 100GPD

Is there a way to make this sucker more efficient? I know in the colder months RO's struggle with the GPD but even in warmer months I feel I'm getting a ratio of like 1:1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000^
  17. Curren007K

Lethargic Foxface

4 year old Foxface suddenly very weak, he was stuck to the side of my wavemaker. No open wounds or torn fins, there are bumps from the wavemaker cover though. I've unplugged it and now he's barely swimming towards the top of the tank... Parameters fine, no signs of skirmish with other...
  18. Curren007K

Life of a China made LED Fixture?

I've been using two china made, generic LED fixtures going on four years now and another fixture for about a year. All three fixtures are 120W dimmable blue/whites, wavelengths Blue 460 and White 14000-16000. I'm starting to notice a decline in coral coloration, which could be influenced by...
  19. Curren007K

RBTA Anenome Removal

So my two RBTA decided they hate everything after a year of being happy in their at the time new tank. One completely vanished, while the other had an interesting voyage. It decided to upfoot, crawl over the corner baffle, crawl into the durso stand pipe, crawl down the extensive 1-1/4" drain...
  20. Curren007K

Night of the Living Monti Cap!

My Monti cap has been dead since a dramatic summer heatwave. I refused to remove its dead carcass, since it serves as a great shelf piece for other coral anyway. But look! ITS ALIIIIIIVEEEEE!!!!
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back