Search results

1. maldenreefer

DIY Algae Reactor

Parts: - Aquatop MR-30 Reactor - Accel Aquatics Warm-White High Output Water Resistant LED Strip Light with Transformer - 6 foot - Zipties - Extension cord from dollar store - Starter macroalgae from Dong :D My Somatic 60 sump lacks a true refugium area so I built a DIY external reactor that...
  2. maldenreefer

Leak Detection?

Was wondering if I could get recommendations on what people do for leak detection. This is the first time I've owned a large tank, 50 gallons, and I am now having awful thoughts about what a tank failure/leak would do to my apartment. My only saving grace is the floor is vinyl so it shouldn't...
  3. maldenreefer

Redgard - waterproofing membrane

Anyone by chance use this stuff? Steve from SCA Aquariums said it was a good option for the MDF cabinet. Was wondering if anyone else has gone down this road.
  4. maldenreefer

BRS Gyre Test

This question spawned from a conversation with @dz6t but I was curious wanted to hear from other members of the community as well. In the above video BRS is doing a comparison test on powerheads on whether they create a gyre or not. Aside from the actual Maxspects, the Tunze 6085 powerhead...
  5. maldenreefer

Adding mangroves to a reef tank

I have just a 10g Nuvo Fusion but was curious about adding a few mangroves behind my rockwork or maybe in the rear sump. Do you all have any recommendations or more importantly warnings about using mangroves? Their nutrient export benefits seem to be minimal. I wanted to add them more as...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back