Search results

1. Zirky

Ques. (Question of the Day) Mounting of your Lighting

This works for me the Davis are laminated mahogany and drop into sockets mounted to the stand. I was planning on using a piece of drift wood mounted to the wall and still that could be kinda cool.
  2. Zirky

AF Lifesource

I’ve used it during my ugly stage and found it coated the Rocks and sand bed. Cleaning them up in a few days. It does make a mess but it’s temporary. If your dosing it be patient it’ll land in clumps if your not carful.
  3. Zirky

How do you keep your tank cool?

What’s PE?
  4. Zirky

Anybody using captive8 trace elements

Thanks Paul
  5. Zirky

Anybody using captive8 trace elements

I’m thinking of trace elements and I’m not sure but I think captive8 can use one solution based on a reef lab ICP. Has anyone used this method? Do I need to use there salt and kalk.? Is there a local source for the salt? I would think the shipping cost would be kinda high.
  6. Zirky

Boat builders 120ish

Quick update. She’s filling in but my acro’s are loosing color. Just put in the new kalk stirrer. Hopefully that helps. And I’m looking into trace element supplements. I’m not sure yet if itll be captive8 or moon shiners. I’m leaning towards captive8 but I don’t understand it.
  7. Zirky

Calcium Reactor Regulator

I almost rigged a spent rocket launcher to shoot mortar fireworks when I lived in seabrook but one of my buddies pointed out that since there was a nuclear power plant across the harbor in plain view of my backyard, it may make there security forces and the air force base up the street a bit...
  8. Zirky

Anyone using a filter roller on a large system?

I have a ClariSea 5000 on a 125. And it uses one roll a month. Zero issues after a year and a half.
  9. Zirky

Mandarin acclimation

There in the tank I don’t see them often but seem ok. As far as pods go I have a fuge crawling with five different types. Thanks guys I’ve been trying to get a breeding pair of mandarins for years and I think biota’s my best shot
  10. Zirky

IDplease

Yup bryopsis gonna try fluconazole I’ll keep you posted
  11. Zirky

IDplease

Thanks guys. I swear it wasn’t there two days ago. I’ll try manual removal tomorrow
  12. Zirky

IDplease

13. Zirky

IDplease

I was thinking nudi but it’s almost two inches. I guess I’ll keep an eye out and see if it’s still there in the morning
  14. Zirky

IDplease

What the heck is this. I just noticed it wrapped around one of my coral. The tentacles look to fat to be aptasia. I think I’ll move the acro and hit it with f aptasia just for good measure.
  15. Zirky

Mandarin acclimation

Cooool that’s much easier. thanks guys
  16. Zirky

Mandarin acclimation

Hi guys. I have a pair on biota mandarins coming today. I also have a small copper and in an acclimation box. Todays stupid question is can I put the mandarins in with the copper band at least till lights out later tonight? Thanks I’m advanced for any suggestions.
  17. Zirky

DIY kalk stirrer advise please

I’m ordering stock for a kalk stirrer but not sure what motor, controler and power supply. To buyI think I’d like a dc motor so I can ajust the speed to my mixing blade. I’m not interested in a mag stirrer. And finally I’m more concerned with quiet, reliable quality Over price. …… within reason...
  18. Zirky

FS Extra equipment I keep adding to the list updated

I’m interested in the frag tank what are the dimensions?
  19. Zirky

FS File fish for sale

I’m interested are you far from Gloucester?
  20. Zirky

WTB Small portion of Chaeto near Burlington Mall area

I have chato pompom and calurpa? ( not sure of the spelling on that last one) your welcome to. I’m Gloucester
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back