Search results

1. TheRiver

Par Meter opportunity

Was thinking i would pay up to $50 to have my lights measured for Par. As I am considering buying a meter for $300 to use maybe three times... If anyone has a meter and wants to make some cash or barter for coral/ supplies let me know. I think you could make use of a meter laying around to help...
  2. TheRiver

BioCube 29g with Radion XR30w

Def... I will check it out and will be posting aome updates soon. Finally have stable big 3 dosing after allot of messing around and my frags are all sprouting new branches. My radion is running the AB program from the coral lab study but i added and additional hoir ramp up and ramp down so i...
  3. TheRiver

Reef Deal RC salt

I bought mine online with in-store pickup... When I got there the employee saw my order and said "oh that deal, yes I know about that one" lol
  4. TheRiver

Reef Deal RC salt

Fall River had a few... Thanks for info. Got enough salt for the next year
  5. TheRiver

Reef cactus?

They can vary how they look but here is an example of a bunch
  6. TheRiver

Reef cactus?

Just taking a blind guess here but sounds like a feather duster of some sort. Really need a pick to tell
  7. TheRiver

After keeping a few sps frags happy for 2 weeks I add a few more from the Jason Fox live sale. I added thr coral box wifi dosing pump and container. I am dosing Aquaforest Component 123. So far so good. My alk is running low and I am slowly ramping up my dosing amounts each day. I ordered Hanna...
  8. TheRiver

Tridacna clams from Petco??

does anyone know if they are able to get Crocea clams? I am in the market for this type specifically thanks
  9. TheRiver

trying to cycle

Also... Are you testing for nitrate and nitrites? Curious where those are at... After amm drops the nitrites should jump
  10. TheRiver

trying to cycle

I did the same thing and had a hard time finishing off my cycle until i added one fish after my amm fell. After the fish my cycle finished in 3 days. I did dose prime to make sure tge fish was protected. Also, lights off as long as possible. I tried putting my lights on after a week and within a...
  11. TheRiver

I also added a new member to the family. Beautiful fish! Was hiding but finally out eating and getting along with his 2 tank mates.
  12. TheRiver

So next on my list is changing my salt mix from Red Sea black buckets to Aquaforest Reef salt. The new salt is on its way. The parameters are more inline with what I plan to maintain and I also will be dosing Aquaforest Component 1,2,3 once I start my dosing regimen. So getting my water change...
  13. TheRiver

Also, finally found a cabinet at IKEA to house my ATO reservoir. Still working on the actual container. Looking for a used 10g Hex tank as it would fit perfectly but not having any luck. Real happy with the layout and everything is working as planned equipment wise.
  14. TheRiver

Did some aquascaping to make room for coral grow out. Realized it was too crowded with the rock so removed one large piece and fixed the layout.
  15. TheRiver

I have an updated ATO resovoir system being installed this weekend to give me more water and make room in the cabinet for dosing in the future. I also decided to install a PM1 and breakout box for PH monitoring and some automation features on the system. Stay tuned...
  16. TheRiver

Update on Kessil H80: My goal is to create a low nutrient environment and dose elements to greatly reduce water change needs. The skimmer is working great. My numbers are staying at zero and the fuge is flourishing. I installed a Kessil H80 10 days ago to replace the Magnafuge on the back of...
  17. TheRiver

So have new addition, Fisher Angel Fish. He is getting along well with the Maroonclown. So current stock list; Maroon clown Fisher Angel 1 Emerald Crab 1 Hermit Blue Leg 1 astrea snail 1 cerith snail Everything is reading 0 and the tank and equipment are doing well. I have an upgrade ATO...
  18. TheRiver

Nitrate

Just curious totally not poking at your point... What could be bad about checking and maintaining a healthy amount of bacteria to process waste in our tanks?
  19. TheRiver

Nitrate

All good suggestions... I personally am curious how you are maintaning your bio load. How much rock, etc.. If you have the environment for bacteria, a bacteria supplement would be a great way to deal with it naturally and create long term solution.
  20. TheRiver

A few tank shots:
Back