Search results

1. TheRiver

Par Meter opportunity

Was thinking i would pay up to $50 to have my lights measured for Par. As I am considering buying a meter for $300 to use maybe three times... If anyone has a meter and wants to make some cash or barter for coral/ supplies let me know. I think you could make use of a meter laying around to help...
  2. TheRiver

Coral box wifi doser

Anyone using this? I have a few questions before I invest in one... If you link it to the power on an apex with off function with high PH will the doser resume after power is restored? Looking for someone that has one and has had it power off and on... In theory because its wifi it should work...
  3. TheRiver

Triton method

Is anyone using this method on their reef tank? looking for feedback on the method. Considering trying this out on a biocube but it would take major changes into the rear layout and wanted to see if the system is worth the effort. thanks
  4. TheRiver

Washing sand and rocks

What is the preferred method to wash dryed rock? Is tap water okay? Is it best to dry the sand and rocks after tap water? This is my first totally dry start and I want to make sure I do it right...
  5. TheRiver

BioCube 29g with Radion XR30w

I bought a used cube with kessil a80 and decided to "reinforce and paint the stand" Now I have a pile of awesome equipment and a stand you can barely recognize still under construction (I am installing the built in light mount bar tonight and will post a few of the stand) I can't make any...
  6. TheRiver

Apex Jr

So I have owned reef keeper lite in the past but do not have much experience as to what are the best modules to add for reef keeping to an Apex Jr... This is on a rimless Biocube 29g I currently own the Apex Jr (4 outlets) with control screen and temp probe. I own the WXM module to run my MP10...
  7. TheRiver

Return line clamps

Preparing to get everything i need for my biocube startup... I remember having plastic 1/2" tube clamps on my return line but can't find them now. Does anyone know what i mean and where i can get them? A local store would be best but ill order tgem if needed
  8. TheRiver

Radion mounting help

So after reading and talking allot about lighting and a fellow reefer giving me a great deal I went big and got a Radion XR30w (gen 3) to put over a Biocube 29g. I went a little too big, I know, but was hopeful to buy this light once in case I upgrade my tank down the road. I figured I can...
  9. TheRiver

Kessil A80 Tuna Blue on BioCube 29g

So it had been awhile and I am severely out of date on LEDs... I bought a cube to get back into the hobby and the seller had a Kessil A80 light and controller with the package deal. After doing some research today I realized how weak these lights are and I need to re-evaluate my light plan. I...
  10. TheRiver

Back after long break...

I lost access to my original email account associated with my old Boston Reefers account so I decided to start fresh. I took a long break to move around and get settled and now I am excited to be married and ready to get back into the hobby. I want to start small and very simple so I am looking...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back