Search results

1. janda

Free Piece of live rock and sand

plan to empty tank monday. anybody interested let me know before it gets trashed. thanks
  2. janda

Free Piece of live rock and sand

I have one piece of live rock and lots of live sand if anyone is interested. GONE Rock is approx. 10 lbs., and was part of base structure so nothing really on it in terms of growth. Also for free is some pieces left in the fuge but they are just rubble really. Live sand is approx. 2' - 2...
  3. janda

Hippo and Yellow tang compatability?

Well I decided to add the Hippo that Turtle had for sale. So far there is no aggressive behavior from my yellow at all. The Hippo is already coming out from behind the rock work which I wasn't expecting and he looks great.
  4. janda

Is there anything I could do to ease the transition? The lights out for 24 hours I never even thought of. I need to satisfy myself that I'm not going to have this guys fish die just because I want to have one. I know each fish has different personalities and there are no gaurantees.
  5. janda

Looking to add a Hippo tang to my tank that is 5-6" and healthy from a club member. I currently have a 5" yellow in my 125 6' tank. Does anyone have any thoughts on the outcome? The yellow is the dominate fish. Others in the tank are a pair of clowns, 6 line, green chromis, red lip blennie...
  6. janda

RKE Help anyone using it?

The DA forum is where I found the most help. http://www.forum.digitalaquatics.com/ Hysteris they explain as; "An explanation of hysteresis: The basic rule of thumb for hysteresis is this: split the number in two and add 0.1 to it. Here is an example: Target: 77.0...
  7. janda

Controller question

I'm not sure this link will work. http://firstgenfirebird.org/RKEConfig.doc If not you could go to Digital Aquatics site. Click support. Click forums. Click the RKE forum. "My first controller... a review" is one of the posts and this link is there.
  8. janda

RKE - those who have one..reviews?

I'd like to know how you like it when it arrives. Is this your first controller? $350 new in the box I thought these were $490, share how you got such a great deal.
  9. janda

how to kill Aiptasia

I've been using Joe's Juice and I'm not sure if I'm feeding it to the aiptasia correctly. It seems to make the 5-6 I have disappear but then they return. Any recommendations?
  10. janda

advice w/ quarantine tank

I have a Aqua clear filter on my qt tank and I keep the foam block in my sump for use in the qt tank when needed. I have never had the qt tank spike ammonia levels at all. The sponge on your powerhead should do the same thing. The only treatment I've ever done is hypo so I can't say if...
  11. janda

How big a heater for a big tank?

The Ranco controller sounds like the way to go. I'm thinking the dual stage myself. The one I found is $130.00 on DIY reef site. https://diyreef.authsecure.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=68&products_id=212&osCsid=991422c1b7f1acc89b442e0bee25e34e Is this the right one and does that...
  12. janda

Loud sump help

I built it just like the one from the Stockman site. The noise is way down from before. The bubbles I'm still wishing were less. But overall happy with the results.
  13. janda

Loud sump help

Well the reverse durso seems to work pretty well. Still some micro bubble fine tuning though. I could only fit 1 1/2" fittings for mine. I bet the 2" would have been better. The noise seems ok. The plastic bag over the 3/8" tubing was also a great tip.
  14. janda

Loud sump help

Ok I'll try the reverse durso. The link describes it well. I'll post back with the results.
  15. janda

Loud sump help

The pipes are just above the waterline, 1/4". They were under and lots of bubbling and seemed louder. Now I've got the splashing going on.
  16. janda

Loud sump help

The drains into the sump are really loud. The tanks overflows are quiet and the AGA standpipes seem ok. The water noise when it reaches the sump is pretty loud. The tank is an AGA 125 with the two 1" overflows. Sump is in the stand. Pump is an Eheim 1260, 635 GPH but I'm guessing with head...
  17. janda

Help choosing a skimmer

Are you going to do the mods on it? If you do be sure to post pics.
  18. janda

Salt Water Mixing

You live close to me maybe I can bring the kids to your house and save the cost of the admition the the NE Aquarium. 400 gal incredible.:) I let it mix at least overnight with powerhead, heater, and I aerate it too.
  19. janda

Heater holder for premix vessel

Good idea, I've thought the same but then I say it can't get hot enought to melt through the trash can, can it? So anyways where did you get the stuff to make that bracket cause now you got me really thinking. Thanks a lot. :)
  20. janda

Help choosing a skimmer

Liam I see AG has them posted in their forum. At least worth a trip to the store I guess. Thanks.
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back