Search results

1. Chris A.

Sold Everything just sold! Cleaning out my basement with goodies.

Too wide for my application Good luck with sale
  2. Chris A.

Sold Everything just sold! Cleaning out my basement with goodies.

What’s the dimensions on the 3 part dosing container ?
  3. Chris A.

No Splash Bleach?

It has some kind of chemical that binds it ( over my pay grade ) that’s toxic to our tank inhabitants
  4. Chris A.

Thoughts on rescaping established tanks

I had a lot of nice sps but was looking at the seams of the tank and thought it was a good idea to just swap the tank from one 40b to another. I lost 75% of my acros and didn’t change much of anything except the tank. Not sure how or why but that was my experience. My lps and zoas didn’t flinch...
  5. Chris A.

Auctions Anyone?

It’s as addicting as gambling, be careful :p
  6. Chris A.

The struggle continues….

Looks like you’re deficient in a lot of things. 10% water changes aren’t going to muck up for any of those deficiencies, it will need to be much larger or dose them up.
  7. Chris A.

Pending Avast Plank feeder

Pending pick up
  8. Chris A.

All cleaned up and ready to go
  9. Chris A.

Coral Cycled 15 Gallon AIO Innovative Marine

This has been done for a long time even with sps. A Brazilian does this all the time and it works good but you have to see the level of reefer that’s doing it. If you don’t know what to do in certain situations it could end horribly for everything. As long as you are on top of testing for...
  10. Chris A.

Love the concept but It’s just too big for my 40B with a canopy. I’m limited where I can put it. $150 pick up in Weymouth.
  11. Chris A.

Auctions Anyone?

I’ve done TCK poto arc tsa and have the best luck with TCK. Shipping is also the cheapest of them all.
  12. Chris A.

The struggle continues….

Also have you tried running some carbon? Could be something in the water or even coral warfare
  13. Chris A.

The struggle continues….

How old is the tank? I know I couldn’t keep acros in my tank for almost 2 years. A lot of losses until one day it happened.
  14. Chris A.

The struggle continues….

Nutrients levels Par numbers Flow
  15. Chris A.

Help! Nitrates…

That’s the theory , so if one is way to high you’ll need to bring the other one up so they can be balanced out. I believe it’s around 16:1 but not exactly sure.
  16. Chris A.

Help! Nitrates…

I assume your PO4 is bottomed out? You will need to raise it to get the nitrate to start coming down.
  17. Chris A.

Ques. (Question of the Day?) Bryopsis

I’d keep an eye on nutrient levels and alk. Nutrients will spike from algae die off and lack of algae will also contribute to increased nutrients which in turn will mess with the balance of your water and corals might stop consuming alk until they readjust.
  18. Chris A.

Ques. (Question of the Day?) Bryopsis

I had it and used reef flux to eradicate it. Followed the instructions ,l did a water change at the end and and ran carbon.
  19. Chris A.

Sold Blue Hippo / Regal Tang

I wish I could keep her in my tank but my angel would have a field day with her
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back