Search results

1. K

Proxy Bidding

I know it’s a bit late. But would anyone be willing to place a couple of bids for me. I saw a 2 items I was interested in. If someone can please pm me with your number and I will get in touch with you.
  2. K

Reaching out to the BRS community

I work at the Perkins School for the Blind in the secondary program (it's our high school). All of the students who attend school here have multiple disabilities and an underlying visual impairment. I keep a small 14 gallon mixed reef tank in my office and some of my students (who have a little...
  3. K

My Solana Tank

Finally figured out how to post pictures, so here are a couple of my tank today. It's still all cell phone pics so forgive the quality
  4. K

Wrasse using tool

A few weeks ago I was out at a petco when I picked up a nice yellow coris wrasse. It was admittedly an impulse buy, but my tank can support it and it really needed the color. Anyway I feed intant algae pellets every now and again and i noticed that even though they are the smallest size they...
  5. K

Borrow Some Buckets for Tank Move?

Hi so I recently got a new job at Perkins School for the Blind working with some of the residential students and because of the schedule I have to move onto the campus. I did ask and I am allowed to bring my tank (34 Solana) with me. I however do not have enough buckets to move it. Does...
  6. K

loud slurping noise

Hello everyone, hoping some one can help me out with a little problem I am having. I have gotten my tanks up and running and cycling but there is a loud slurping noise coming from my drain. I added a sponge thinking that this would help to quiet it but it really hasnt. I think the slurping is a...
  7. K

Reef Deal 200 gallon tank RR

not mine but this seems like a great deal wish i had the money to grab this. http://providence.craigslist.org/for/2399140920.html
  8. K

Who's going to the meeting?

I was wondering if anyone from ri specifically Bristol/Portsmouth area is going to the meeting coming up. If so would they possibly pm me please. Thank you
  9. K

semi-terrestrial creatures

I am in the process of setting up my tank so that some of the rock will be exposed and i was wondering what type of (reef safe) creatures spend time out of the water, I would like to get some that do. but right now i am drawing a complete blank and all i can think of is hermit crabs, i know...
  10. K

Shell in tank

Has anyone ever put conch shells in thier tanks. I am thinking about doing it and was just wondering if it could be done.
  11. K

paly id?

the colors are impossible for me to capture with with my crappy phone camera but they are bright neonish green with some brown mixed in never seen anylike this before i got them. anyone have any idea
  12. K

Showpeice fish

hi i was wondering what people had as showpeice fishes in ther tanks? just got a new tank and am looking for a show fish, as of now i have a pink anthias and a scopas tang, any suggestions will greatly appreciated too
  13. K

Led ?

so i am planning on getting a new tank and was thinking about LED lights. first they are way to exspensive for me or to just go out and buy a fixture so i was thinking of making on. i was wondering if anyone had any real experiences with using them. in terms of what types of leds where a...
  14. K

Gonipora

does anybody have any experience (good or badd) with gonipora. i know they aren't hardy but how are they from personal expreinces
  15. K

clowns surprise

soo a few days ago i h came back and noticed that my clarkii clown was looking very distressed so in an effort to save him i transfered him into the only available tank, which happened to hold a cinnamon clown. both of these fish are really horrible when ever we tried to put other clowns in the...
  16. K

Sea horses

does anybody have experience or advice in raising baby sea horses, any and alll advice is welcome thnx all :)
  17. K

stocking question

alright so i have two tanks right now with just one fish in each of them. the first tank is a 20g with a single clarkii clown, about 2" long in it that host in a carpet anemone. the other is a 10g with a tiny less than an inch long cinnomn clown that is hosting in a small bta. what i am...
  18. K

clown question

i have a ocellaris clown and a clarkii clown together in the same tank, they have only been together for two days. they clarkii is about 1.5" maybe closer to 2" and the ocellaris is about 2" inches maybe a tiny bit bigger. the clarkii was in the tank first and is hosting in a carpet. as of now...
  19. K

anemones together

I had read on some other forum that you should not keep more than one anemone in the same tank as they would secrete some type of poisin to try and kill the other. I am wondering if this is true as I have seen many aquariums with multiple anemones, and have two anemones I would like to keep in...
  20. K

conch shell decorations

i have a few conch shells that i have collected from my trips to the caribbean would these be fine to put into my tank? they werent bought from the tourist stands i picked these up from the docks where the fishers just leave them when they take out the conchs. so i know they havent been bleached...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back