Search results

1. CrypticLifeStyle

Ro water

If you have a laundry room you can connect there too. I prefer that over pipe piercing or sink faucet connecting in the kitchen. My 6 stage BRS water saver plus is 6 or 7 years old now, still runs perfectly. Fairly sure it's still close to a 1:2 ratio. I have a well, and use a booster pump...
  2. CrypticLifeStyle

Floor refinishing

I just had all my wood floors done a month ago, had to move my mudroom tank. Took 3 or 4 days of water based coating ontop of the day or 2 sanding. I had to live for a week on the other side of the house cause of the fumes, which are toxic btw whether water or oil. Good luck.
  3. CrypticLifeStyle

5 Stage RODI Question

I run a BRS 6 stage> 6 Stages of Filtration Stage 1 - GE ROSave.Z 1 Micron Depth Sediment Filter Stage 2 - BRS 1 Micron Universal Carbon Block Stage 3 - BRS 1 Micron Universal Carbon Block Stage 4 - Dow Filmtec Membrane Stage 5 - Nuclear Grade Mixed Bed Color-Changing Deionization Resin...
  4. CrypticLifeStyle

WTB Reef Ready Tank and Stand

If you are able to drill a 40b yourself or find a 40b already drilled, a petco Brooklyn style stand will suffice for a 40b, and be able to put a 20g underneath.
  5. CrypticLifeStyle

Warning! Feliway diffuser (maybe) caused a partial tank crash

Interesting, I have 4 of them in use, and no issues for me, so if your case is the case I'm assuming proximity is the key.
  6. CrypticLifeStyle

WTB does anybody on the south shore/hanover area have any micro mini stars that they want to get rid of?

I have loads of asterina stars off old exit 5 S. Plymouth. I can give you a bunch.
  7. CrypticLifeStyle

Power Outages

Lost power late Tuesday night, just got it back allegedly. 14 tanks, no heat or filtration for 3 days, just battery powered air pumps. Temps were whatever ambient temps were. All survived thus far, incredible. Getting a generac system ASAP. Water changes galore tonight, and this weekend.
  8. CrypticLifeStyle

A bit savage, but hear me out…

Some people have gotten away with it, but not long term. I did it weekly when I lived on Humarock, but they need much cooler waters then our reef tanks, 2 weeks was maybe the longest they lived for me.
  9. CrypticLifeStyle

Vacation Emergency Backup

Could have him make a login for here, and if sh** hits the fan maybe he can make a post, and the club comes in to help ? I have a relative that stays at my place when away.
  10. CrypticLifeStyle

NSW and beach sand

Never had issues with diatoms outside of regular initial setup time. Humarock, and Plymouth, and other towns do not bring in outside sand to fix beaches, and I think that plays a role in things when you decide to use beach sand. I like the look, I like how it doesn't seem to suspend in the water...
  11. CrypticLifeStyle

Membership

I haven't logged in awhile but I do know the autopay went through 1>2 months ago, and I see I'm still a "non-member". Can someone sort it out, thanks.
  12. CrypticLifeStyle

NSW and beach sand

I'm on my 8th year using sand from under the water at low tide from Humarock. It's in all 6 of my reef tanks, absolutely love it. Have done 9 moves with it, can't see myself using anything else in fact I'll probably grab more at the end of the summer, I need more for the 180g. That's my...
  13. CrypticLifeStyle

PAR Meter in Plymouth

I'm in Plymouth as well, and would love to borrow it for a couple days myself.
  14. CrypticLifeStyle

Candy cane coral loosing a head?

Been 10 days, how is it going ?
  15. CrypticLifeStyle

Substrate; reuse or not when moving to a new tank?

I always re-used after a rinsing with each move, not to down play the risk of not replacing, but I'll be one of those to be on the un-popular opinion side, and I've moved a lot :) . If you can have both tanks up at the same time, you can buy yourself time to get the old sand cleaned, moved, and...
  16. CrypticLifeStyle

Candy cane coral loosing a head?

Sometimes they droop when growing a new head. Just obviously keep a eye in it, but it may be fine honestly.
  17. CrypticLifeStyle

Help/Advice Resealing Aquarium

I've done a few, and I have no motivation to do any again, that's how it usually goes for people who have tried haha. Other then your bottom trim needing replacement, you basically have to remove all the old silicone, and reseal it like it was new, and being put together like at the factory...
  18. CrypticLifeStyle

RODI water TDS readings

Well life, do you know when the last time your bladder tank was replaced?
  19. CrypticLifeStyle

Freshwater stuff

www.plantedtank.net may be a good source for you. There is a MA section, it is dead, but it still has a lot of viewer traffic from locals plus it's own marketplace for this aspect of the hobby.
Back