Search results

1. janet

FS Tank breakdown

Fish Tank 150 gallon custom made by glass cages with island overflow $3000 70” wide 23.5” high 20” deep Main cabinet 74” 27.5deep 43.5” high Side cabinets 21.75” deep 14.5 wide 31 high Walnut cabinet with quartz counter top Apex controller 2 Neptune Apex DOS pumps 6 stage reverse osmosis water...
  2. janet

Just finished

50 gallons and it is not easy to glue corals on the rock. I can’t reach the bottom without putting my whole shoulder in the tank. Like I said it wouldn’t be my first choice of tanks. I’m planning on doing a 220 two sided in the wall reef this summer.
  3. janet

Just finished

I found the tank on the side of the road in perfect condition. Not one scratch on it. Not the tank I would have chose but couldn’t pass up the opportunity to get back in the hobby. The ocean is a lot deeper than this tank.Corals seam to love it so far.
  4. janet

Just finished

5. janet

Just finished the new stand.

Thanks it wasn't so beautiful yesterday. One of the rba tried to escape but couldn't make it down the overflow. He did manage to make the tank overflow 40-50 gals all over my kitchen. I guess it's the price you have to pay. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. janet

The tank is coming along nicely. Had some Cyano but got over that quick. We are starting to stock it. I bought a very nice rose bubble tip from Dong that split into 4 pieces over night. A friend shut down his tank and gave me a few nice corals. I also took a few from my main display. I love...
  7. janet

Thanks again! The other tank is a 220 mixed reef. That tank is mine. The 60 cube is my wife's. She was planing to breed clownfish until she found out how much work it will be. Probably a good winter project if I decide to help her. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. janet

I think she can keep up with her big sister Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  9. janet

Constant salinity

Thanks for all the replies I think I've got the gist of it. I will definitely need to add a lot more redundancy. I'll let you know how I make out. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. janet

thanks!!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. janet

Constant salinity

Bingo! Thanks!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. janet

Yes it has a 250 lb electric actuator to lift the canopyI built it myself I've got cabinet manufacturing co. so that made it a little easier but I am out of practice in the shop. It's been years sense I've used the tools. I'm thinking about setting up this same tank in my showroom. I would have...
  13. janet

I stared the tank about 2 weeks ago. It's a 60 gal cube with one radion. It's plumed into a larger astabished tank. I figured it wouldn't go through a cycle but I think I was wrong. I've gone through the diatom stage and now entering the hair alge stage. Just bought some snails and a lawnmower...
  14. janet

Constant salinity

That helped. Thanks. But I am looking for the program itself. I'm shure that is close. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. janet

Constant salinity

I think your getting what I'm putting down. I just need the apex program to do it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. janet

Constant salinity

I've got auto topoff but I do get some fluctuations and salinity. I tend to lose salt sucking crap out out the tank,bagging up frags for friends,salt creep etc. and my water changes are not that accurate. I'm just looking for perfection Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. janet

Constant salinity

I am toying around with the idea of constant salinity. In a nut shell I've got 3 barrels 1 with ro 55gal 1 that I mix salt 55gal 1 that I store salt mix 100gal I've got an apex with 2 salinity probes. I'm looking for a program that will dose ro or salt mix triggered by a topoff float switch...
  18. janet

Algae scrubbers

Don't waist your time I have built several scrubber that produced massive amounts of algie. I didn't notice much change in my nitrates and phosphates. Also found it was a lot of work to clean the screens every week. A good refugium and skimmer is a better idea.
  19. janet

Cheep corals?

Where can I find the best deal on corals
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back