Search results

1. iroc2zep

Anyone done business with Marco Rocks?

I got 150 lbs of rock and 150 lbs of sand, extremely happy with both, sand needs to be rinsed well.
  2. iroc2zep

hanging light height?

I had 2 250 over a 55...12" above, worked great for sps high up and lps low
  3. iroc2zep

Nick's Miracle Build

Looking great!!
  4. iroc2zep

Return Pump: PVC or Braided Nylon Tubing?

Home depot will sell 1 1/2" spa flex which is flexible pvc, glue and cleaner the same as you would hard pvc
  5. iroc2zep

Anyone ever successfully beat bryopsis? Tech M vs H2O2 vs Nudibranch

I had bad outbreak and it lasted about 6 months, i added mexican turbo snails and if i trimmed itdown to just about nothing they would finish the patches off. I believe there are a ton of different strains of it so seems people have different results. Tech m didn't work for me with raising mag...
  6. iroc2zep

Terrestrial Montipora Cap

That's crazy
  7. iroc2zep

Why do so many people get out of the Hobby?

I think a lot of the time it is life obstacles, new additions to family's, moving, tough financial times but i feel 75% of them come back, once you are hooked then that's it, it's a disease....I've almost shut down completely twice a d didn't have the heart to, love the tank inhabitants too...
  8. iroc2zep

Tank temperatures -- dang this summer

1st summer with leds and my 150 sump in basement, my heater is still going to maintain 78 tank temp. House ac set at 78 also
  9. iroc2zep

Anyone having Apex Fusion log in problem?

No issues
  10. iroc2zep

Best way to clean out my sump

Wet dry vac, i do mine every 6 months or so, usually a good amount of detritus even with using a filter sock
  11. iroc2zep

Recommendations for Glass Shop to Drill 40 Breeder

That looks great
  12. iroc2zep

Recommendations for Glass Shop to Drill 40 Breeder

I had my 2 40 breeders drilled by Gregg at Underwater World
  13. iroc2zep

Tank slowly crashing. Please help, tough one

Dosing by hand, i have honestly never tested before and after dosing, i will definitely be checking that too. My consimption and dosing is less right now than it was 3 months ago because of my loss of my acropora colonies. But something definitely to check. Thanks
  14. iroc2zep

Appreciate everyones input, i had all my parameters tested and seems either user error on my part or faulty alk test kit, i know i have tested it in the past with a fresh batch of red sea to make sure testing was correct. My alk was tested at 7 at reputable LFS when i got home i was reading 10...
  15. iroc2zep

I'll try the revive and magnifying glass. Thanks
  16. iroc2zep

I set up a 40gal tank with a radion, circulation pump, skimmer. Was dipping once a week with water changes. None of that equipment came back to this setup. I think it may have been too late when i started the process and the shock finished them off... I've never had pests before until that...
  17. iroc2zep

So where do i begin....this started roughly March 1st, 3 hermit crabs were constantly on my orange monti cap and shortly to follow was some algae growth(diatoms maybe) on the cap. I banished them to the sump, algae growth went away for about a week and then started back again. It also started...
  18. iroc2zep

NSW 29g Reef

Watermelon chalice is amazing!!! Everything looks great
  19. iroc2zep

going to set up a tank heater off my water heater

I'm curious if the tank temp will overshoot your target point after your controller shuts the pump off and the remaining 125* water or so remaining in the tubing continues to transfer remaining heat... I'll be following, I'd love to do similar thing and put recirc pump on my Rinnai. Gas cost...
  20. iroc2zep

going to set up a tank heater off my water heater

It would need to be bronze or stainless because it's still part of the potable water loop... It wouldn't be separate. If it was a zone off a boiler for example then it wouldn't matter. Should work fine either way
Back