Sold 13.5 Gallon Fluval Evo - Complete Setup (equipment, livestock, extras)

jfoahs04

Non-member
I'm making the tough call to take a break from the hobby. We're getting married, about to close on a house and move, and have several extended trips coming up and I think it's going to be best for me and the continued health of my livestock to step away for a bit. I'm looking to sell the whole package at once as parting it out at this point would be way too much of a headache. I would consider selling all of the livestock and rock together first and then selling the equipment second, but first priority goes to anyone interested in the complete package. Breakdowns below:

Fish/Inverts:
  • Pair of Orange Storm clowns (bonded pair, purchased prequarantined from Myk at Blue Light Aquatics)
  • Yellow Watchman Goby and Randall's Pistol Shrimp Pair (goby purchased prequarantined from Blue Light Aquatics, shrimp from Reefcleaners)
  • Tailspot Blenny (Prequarantined purchase from Dr. Reef)
  • Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
  • 2x Sexy Shrimp (1 male, 1 female)
  • 2x Pom Pom Crabs (they've lost their pom poms)
  • 3 blue leg hermits
  • 2 nassarius snails
  • 4astrea snails
  • A couple of bumblebee snails (not sure exactly how many)
  • Peppermint Shrimp (aiptasia eater)
Coral/Rock:

SPS (most are encrusted on the rock)
  • 12lbs of Live Rock
  • Bali Green Slimer
  • Red Planet Acro
  • Pink Lemonade Acro (brown, but encrusting still)
  • Ultimate Sunset Milli
  • Rainbow Milli
  • Greg Hiller's Aqua Delight
  • Orange Creamsicle Acro
  • A couple of misc. no-name acros and millis
  • Large green monti digitata
  • Bubblegum digi
  • pink monti cap
  • Small green birdsnest
LPS:
  • Green Hammer (one head)
  • Green Frogspawn (4 heads)
  • Large neon green candy cane colony (13ish heads)
  • Medium neon green candy cane colony (6-7 heads)
  • Large blue candy cane colony (20+ heads)
  • Jack 'O Lantern Lepto
  • Rainbow Acans (~6 heads, a bunch more growing)
  • Red Acans (4 heads, more growing)
  • A few misc. that I may have missed.
Softies (not sure of all the zoa names):
  • 100+ polyps of Halle Berry zoas covering a large rock
  • 50+ mixed colony of Betty Boop and King Midas zoas on a baseball sized rock.
  • 100+ polyp mixed colony of Fruit Loops, Pink Diamonds, and Blueberry Fields
  • 30+ polyp covered rock of some greenish (gatorade, maybe) Zoas I picked up from Greg Hiller.
  • GSP covered rock
  • 8ish polyp frag of some largish pink zoa (not sure of the name)
  • Softball size rock with ~20ish big frilly mushrooms.
  • 7-8 heads of rastas
  • Other misc zoas and softies here and there.
Equipment:
  • AI Prime 16HD and fixed mount (about 1 year old)
  • AI Nero 3 Wavemaker (1 year old)
  • Sicce 0.5 Return Pump
  • Fluval Evo 13.5 gallon tank (some scratches on the glass, no leaks)
  • Tunze Osmolator 3152 Auto Top-Off
  • Kraken Reef Lid
  • Kamoer X1 Bluetooth Micropump
  • Ice Cap 1.5L Dosing Container (currently with about 700ml of All For Reef)
  • 3D Ocean Chamber 1 Media Basket
  • Aqueon 75w heater
Extras:
  • 2 working backup return pumps (stock pump and cheap vivosun pump) - great for water changes
  • Aqueon 50w heater (I used for water changes and as a backup)
  • Hanna Instruments:
    1. Alkalinity Checker
    2. Phosphorus (PPM) Checker
    3. Salinity Checker
  • Several test kits
  • Several medications (chemiclean, prazipro, flatworm exit, aiptasia x, etc.).
  • Several partially full bottles of trace elements for dosing
  • Frozen and prepared foods
  • Tongs, multiple basters, bone cutters, nets, and other misc. tools
  • Chemi Pure Blue nano packets, carbon, big roll of filter floss, etc.
  • Siphon set/gravel vac
  • Lots of little things (glue, coral putty, frag plugs, etc.)

I know there's other stuff I'm leaving out, but here are my pricing/options:
  1. $600 for everything above. Take it all - I have 2 5g home depot buckets with lids you can use, but you'll need at least 1 or 2 more.
  2. $350 for just the livestock - includes all of the fish/inverts, coral, and live rock, no equipment. This could easily be added to an existing system.
I'll only consider parting things out if all of the livestock sells first. Like I said above, most of the coral is pretty well encrusted on the rock and I'm trying to minimize time/effort dedicated to this tank, not add to it. So I won't be fragging specific pieces or chasing fish. If you take either of the options above, you should be able to keep what you want and make some money back on everything else. If someone buys the livestock only, I'll sell the equipment and extras separately.

Pickup in East Boston - bring your own buckets. I have 2 with lids for you to use, but you'll need at least one more. I work from home, so I'm flexible during the week (days or evenings). I'll breakdown with you and help you load your car.

PM with interest, questions, or for more specific pictures.

Last edited:
Pics
8-4-reef-kitchen.jpg

8-1-reef-living room.jpg

8-4-reef-front.jpg

8-1-reef-slimer.jpg

8-4-reef-acans.jpg

8-4-trumpets.jpg

8-4-milli.jpg

Beans1.jpg

Franks.jpg

8-4-reef-now.jpg

Last edited:
After receiving several offers, the fiancée decided she didn’t want “us” to get rid of it and “we” will move it with us. So I’m not selling this any longer. Thanks to everyone who reached out, sorry for the back and forth.

Bump -

Annnnd it's back on the market. Even the fiancée now agrees we have too much going on. I've dropped the prices a bit since I'd like to move it before we head out on a long vacation in early November. Full, current list of equipment/livestock and current prices updated in the first post.

Last edited:
Bump -

Annnnd it's back on the market. Even the fiancée now agrees we have too much going on. I've dropped the prices a bit since I'd like to move it before we head out on a long vacation in early November. Full, current list of equipment/livestock and current prices updated in the first post.
Hi good morning let me know if you’re part out on the orange storms pair. And how much thank you

Hi good morning let me know if you’re part out on the orange storms pair. And how much thank you
Hi, I'm not interested in selling livestock separately yet. Maybe if I don't get any takers after a while.

Hey would you take 500$? Will come this weekend
I'll send you a DM in a minute

what about the price for the equipments and tank?
I don't have one yet. I'd like to sell it all. If I can only sell the livestock instead of the whole package, I'll post a price for the tank (and all of the individual parts) afterwards.

Bump -

OK no worries good luck

just for curiosity. on a tank like this, where (which side of the tank) do people place their MP10?
I went with the Nero 3 because you can't use an MP10 on the back/sump wall which is where I wanted the wavemaker for mostly aesthetic reasons (I wanted the glass as unobstructed as possible). It was good enough to whip flow around the rockwork. But I've seen people put the MP10 on the front glass, directly across from and pointing at the overflow. I think that increases the random flow in the tank since it's pointing the opposite direction of the return pump.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back