Event 2022 New England Frag Farmer's Market Invite - March 5, 2022

Added to Calendar: 03-05-22

Whose planning on attending?

• Total voters
Post the things that you are looking for in the FB group as well, especially if it is not corals. Quite a few vendors will bring along fish, inverts, etc... but can bring along specific things if you are looking for them.

I havent gone to any reef event. Are things usually cheaper? I mostly buy my stuff online.

The FFM is a different event than most in that it combines the "big show" names with the small scale hobbyists, all under one roof. With so many vendors, if someone has a piece and is asking too much for you, just move on and find it at another vendor. I also have a REALLY low set-up fee so the prices at the FFM are generally much better than you see elsewhere. Guys at RAP are paying thousands just to setup. Not even close for my show. The selection of corals all in one place, being able to see the actual coral and not a doctored image, the number of different vendors, and good prices make it worth a ride- IMO. The other BRS guys can weigh in with a less biased assessment?

The FFM is a different event than most in that it combines the "big show" names with the small scale hobbyists, all under one roof. With so many vendors, if someone has a piece and is asking too much for you, just move on and find it at another vendor. I also have a REALLY low set-up fee so the prices at the FFM are generally much better than you see elsewhere. Guys at RAP are paying thousands just to setup. Not even close for my show. The selection of corals all in one place, being able to see the actual coral and not a doctored image, the number of different vendors, and good prices make it worth a ride- IMO. The other BRS guys can weigh in with a less biased assessment?
Thanks for the insight. Will definitely consider going

Thanks for the insight. Will definitely consider going
What Jon says is absolutely right. Prices are good (and get better through the day, no one wants to repack coral and take them home!) It can get overwhelming with the amount to look at. If you arent shopping for a piece in particular, then just window shop your away around and look at prices. I always do 1 lap and make a couple notes of what I'm looking for, run across the street for chinese food and a mai tai, then come back and shop!

C26EFAE9-CA32-4016-882F-CB372A6E380C.jpeg

It's the best event of the year! Anything and everything you could want all in one building. It is very overwhelming though so be prepared to go into coral shock. You'll have to pace yourself unless you have a lot of room and a lot of money. It's easy to go crazy in just one room.

Good morning! Most of my posts are "Yeah Ra-Ra" posts for the FFM but this one is a tiny apology for screwing something up. Someone just pointed out that I had an old version of the FFM poster up here. All of the info on it is correct but the admission cost was not. It is $10 to get in this year, not $5. Although I do not pay to use the building for the FFM, I do pay for the custodians who help out. With the FFM as big as it is, they are there ALL day, even after we leave for the night. The cost for them has gone up each year so I made the call to bump the admission to $10 this year to try to offset it. Hopefully this isn't an issue for anyone who was planning to come out. You could look at it this way, all the $ goes to the school coral program anyway so it is just a slightly bigger donation?

I can't be sure but I have seen Covey's Cove (115) post pics of them, Wet Pets (back hallway) sometimes brings some. Aquadreams (109) Frost Corals (111)... I am sure I am missing someone obvious here. Post it up in the FB group and see who says they them. I know they will be there, just not sure who.

High Roller.jpg

High Roller Raffle Time!!!
Sometimes you see a frag in a raffle and are like, “Wow, that’s an awesome piece!” This is the FFM, we need to up out game a little so I put together TWO elite frag packs for the 2022 FFM High Roller Raffle! A number of vendors helped out to create two AMAZING frag packs this year, which means that TWO different people will win this year. The contents of the packs are listed below. I had 2022 FFM poker chips made up again this year (more on those to come) and here is why you want one of the special ones…
The first 22 people who purchase $100 worth of raffle tickets get a Limited Edition FFM 2022 Poker Chip with a raffle number on the back. These chips give you an entry into the FFM Elite Frag Pack raffle with a chance to win one of the following elite frag packs.

High Roller Raffle Pack #1 - Stickhead’s Delight
Angry Birds Acropora - Thanks to TJM Corals (Front of Lecture Hall)
Cherry Bomb Acropora - Thanks to Greg's Corals (Room 101)
Cofefe Acropora - Thanks to Pieces of the Ocean (Room 105)
GB Mars Attacks Acropora - Thanks to Golden Basket Corals (Room 109)
Orange Passion Acropora - Thanks to Son and Sand (Room 108)
Tiger’s Blood Acropora - Thanks to Marc Fishtank (Glass Hallway)
VooDoo Majick Acropora - Thanks to Marine Science Magnet School (Front Hallway)

High Roller Raffle Pack #2 - Mixed Bag
Dizzy Spell Montipora - Thanks to Jason Fox (Room 111)
Eclectus Mushroom - Thanks to NY Reef Aquatic (Glass Hallway)
Exosphere Zoas - Thanks to Backwoods Reefs (Front Hallway)
Gold Hammer - Thanks to Crazy Corals (Room 115)
Hellfire Gold Torch - Thanks to The Coral Farm (Front Lobby)
Rainbow Gonipora - Thanks to Salty Coral Wizard (Room 109)
Rajamelon Coral (one of a kind hybrid) - Thanks to Dan Rigle’s Corals (Room 101)
Spitfire Montipora - Thanks to Ocean State Aquatics (Back Hallway)
Yellow Submarine Favia - Thanks to USC Tom (Room 116)
There will only be 22 people in this special raffle and the only way to get entered into it is to be one of the first 22 people who buy $100 worth of raffle tickets. The raffle tickets are "normal" tickets and you can put them into cups for other raffle items, this is just a “buy in” for a chance to win one of the two packs. Support the school, win amazing coral packs, WIN-WIN! These spots went FAST last time and will go fast again this time for sure… Find Brian Pagan or myself to buy your tickets and get entered. Winners will be picked as soon as all the chips are out. The winner will be announced and contacted by phone to come pick up their pack. First winner gets first choice of the two packs. Second winner gets the remaining pack.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back