Event 2023 Frag Farmers Market | March 4th | 10-4 | E.O. Smith High School | Storrs, CT

Added to Calendar: 03-04-23

Custom Glass Cages is coming out. He makes terrariums for herps mainly but also makes custom aquariums. If you are looking for something specific, PM me and I can give you his contact info.

FFM 2023 Talks Ad copy.png

Here are the speakers for the 2023 FFM! We have a great range of talks and something for everyone. A little "How to" talk on fragging from my friends down at the Marine Science Magnet School - Eric Litvinoff and Mike Guyot. Some water chemistry from one of the most knowledgeable water chemistry people I know, and someone who is just great at explaining things (a skill that I, as a teacher, really appreciate!)- Lou Ekus. Lastly, and definitely not least, one of the coolest stories that has come up in the reefing community in quite some time- a privately owned 17,000 gallon reef tank with an owner who actively participates in running it. Andrew Sandler from Polo Reef will be coming out to talk about his experiences running one of the most amazing tanks in the world!
Thanks to all of you guys who have agreed to come speak this year and share your stories and expertise with the FFM group!

Okay, this one is fun. I got one of the most amazing raffle prizes I could hope for this year and wanted to share.

Polo Reef Tour Prize.jpg

Okay, I have been sitting on this one for a while now and I just can't keep it on the DL anymore. It's not too often that we get a prize for the raffle that I am thinking "I REALLY want to win that." Polo Reef by Andrew Sandler has donated, what might be the grand prize for the raffle this year, a personal tour of his 17,000 gallon home aquarium. The winner, and one guest, will get to go out to Andrew's house and get a guided tour of this unbelievable reef tank (date and time to be determined). If you have not seen the videos of this tank, it is AWESOME, and every reefer's dream. This is a prize that is truly priceless and I want to give a HUGE shout out to Andrew Sandler for his generosity (more on that later...) in donating this to the raffle and a shout out to Rachid Stoury for working with me to get this all set-up.
On a related note, Andrew will also be speaking at the FFM this year and have a table for his Polo Reef, with swag and frags- all proceeds going to various reef related causes. I am psyched to be able to have them there this year and help them promote their mission. You can check out www.poloreef.com to see what they have going on.

Now, I will see you ALL at the FFM on March 4th...- E.O. Smith High School in Storrs., CT
Can't win if you are not there!

So coming from the South Shore Mass, what transport devices are best for 1-2 hour travel? I don’t want to put 20 heat packs if all I need is 3. Or do they supply the boxes and heat? Never been to one of these big shows…

roller image copy.jpg

Here it is, another FFM tradition is back!!! A few years ago, I came up with the idea of a high roller raffle for the people who really go in on the raffle. I asked vendors to donate a cherry piece to this special raffle and they came through. It was a huge hit and has continued to grow bigger and better every year. This year will be off the charts! Here is how it works:

The first 50 people who spend $100 in raffle tickets get a special FFM poker chip, with a number on it - which is also their EZ Raffle Number for the day. More important, they get an entry into the high roller raffle for one of three amazing frag packs (check out the attached images) At noon, we will pick the winners of the three frag packs. The raffle tickets that they buy can be put into other cups to win more great stuff!

Rules

-entries only until noon

-tickets must be purchased in room 107 (See Brian or me)

-one entry per person

-first win- first pick

-must pick up pack in room 107 upon winning

-no bragging!

Special thanks to all of the vendors who donated to this year's high end pack:

Kenny Lin - Pieces of the Ocean (103)

Mike Guyot and Eric Litvinoff - MSMHS (Front Hall)

Patrick Callan - Side Hall

Andrew Sandler and Rachid Stoury - Polo Reef (Side Hall)

Greg Schmidt Polec (101)

Mark Schultz - Ultimate Corals (104)

Scott Matteson - Son & Sand Reef (108)

Greg Hiller (101)

Joe Tusi (Front of Lecture Hall)

Eric Charland and Shawn Phan - Crazy Corals (115)

Jason Fox (111)

Hani Helayel - Sea Gardens (105)

Craig Bellanca - Out East Reefs (104)

Sean Buchanan - Doghouse Corals (120)

Dan Rigle (101)

Kevin Wong (103)

Thomas Gillen (116)

Sam Cruz - Cruz'n Aquatics (119)

Brian Hale - The Coral Farm (Front Lobby)

Kyle Lanoue - Backwoods Reefs (Front Hallway)

Don Allen- Wet Pets (Back Hallway)

Scott Crowe - OSA (111)

Jenny Choo and Calvin Chin - NY Reef Aquatic (Side Hallway)

Jason Baker - TJM Corals (Front of Lecture Hall)

All I can say is, my vendors ROCK! Thanks and good luck to all of you high rollers out there!

Okay, here it is... the 2023 New England Frag Farmer's Market Vendor List. It is another HUGE list of great vendors for this year. Most of the regular names are back, and few great new ones have been added to the ranks. It will be another great year, and definitely one not to miss. More vendors at the FFM than at any other show, two day or one day! Hope to see everyone out there on March 4th at E.O. Smith High School in Storrs CT for the 16th annual Frag Farmer's Market!
Inevitably I forgot someone, spelled someone's name wrong and there may be some shifting between now and March 4th. I'll post updates as they come up!

As of this morning, here it is...
AC Corals
Agcore
Alex's Advanced Aquatics
Aqua Dreams
Aussie Aquariums
Back Woods Reefs
Blake's Aqua Den
Blue Light Aquatics
Boston Reefers
Brightwell
Capital Corals
Caribsea
Champion Lighting
Chandlerrocks Aquascaping
Coral Reef Connection
Coral Vue
Corals Unlimited
Covey's Coral Cove
Crafting for the WIn
Crazy Corals
Cruz'n Aquatics
Custom Glass Cages
Dan Connor
Dan Rigle
Dirk's Aquatics
Doghouse Corals
Donovan Stout
Dr. Salomon Corals
E.O. Smith Coral Project
Ecotech Marine
ESV
Exotic Fish and Corals
Fifth Alarm Corals
Frank180 Reef
Fritz
Frost Corals
Fruity Reef
Greg Demos - Aquacultured Acropora
Greg Hiller
Greg's Corals
Hall High School
Happy Corals
Homegrown Reef
Jason Fox
JB Aquatics
Kilaarts
Kwong1998
Lenny Lee
Lil's Critters
Lyman Hall High School
Marc Fishtank
Marine Science Magnet High School
MO~Idol
MoFo Corals
MRReefs
Natchaug Elementary School
Neptune Systems
Norwich Free Academy
NY Reef Aquatic
NY Reefs
Ocean Nutrition
Ocean State Aquatics
Out East Reefs
Overly Obsessed Reefs
Paul Spinnato
Pax Bellum
Pieces of the Ocean
Polo Reef
Pop Corals
Pristine Marine Aquariums
Red Sea
Reef Assist- CT
Reef Breeders
Reef Crazy Coral Propagation Center
Reef Creations
Reef Everyday
Reef Novum
Reef Nutrition
Reef Rax
Reef Trends
Rhinos Reef
Roaming Reefer
Rock Hard Reefs
Salty Coral Wizard
School of Fish
Sea Chem
Sea Gardens
Seth Patrick
Son and Sand
Stoury's Reef
Talon's Cove
The Amazing Diverman
The Coral Farm
The Reef Shoppe
The Sound School
TJM Corals
Triggreef
Tropic Marin
Tusi Reef
Ultimate Corals
Usctom
Useful Idiot
Viking Corals
Vivid Creative Aquatics
Well Tank Goodness
Westhill High School
Wet Pets
Zibis Reef

Getting back into the game too late for this one, but I will keep my eye open for the next. Been a while...

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back