A few pix of my new RED SEA 350 - up and running!

susan2626

Non-member
Greetings from Cape Cod! With the help of two amazing reef-geniuses, my new 350 is up and running - took just 3 days.

I transferred the livestock & rock from my +2 year old Red Sea 170 (which I sold to a SUPER nice Boston Reefer named Alex) and thought I'd share a few photos. They are pretty lame color wise - I need to read the photos forum on how to improve, but I wanted to share just a few now as I am thrilled and so excited.

This is my dream Euphyllia-Softie Tank. Lots of movement, and when things grow in, it will be like an underwater garden.

Basics: Red Sea Reefer 350, Sicce Synchra 4.0 pump, Maxpsect Gyre set on pulse mode, Coralvue Octopus Skimmer. Gyre is hooked up to 2-daisy chain Icecap batteries. (Power outages fairly common here on the Cape.) Two AI Primes - third on the way for the middle. Also, not shown, a very nice custom mesh top by Artfully Acrylics.

Inhabitants: (half new, half from old tank) = 7 Blue Green chromis, Yellow Tang, Royal Gramma, Neon Dottyback, my funny Starry Blenny, 2 Occelaris (who TOTALLY love their Euphyllia - who needs an RTB ha ha!), Randall's Goby with pistol shrimp buddy, Six Line Wrasse, Blue Yellow Damsel, Flame Hawkfish and a shy Fox Face. Two skunk cleaners, 1 blood red cleaner. There will be no more fish other than, hopefully, a Christmas Wrasse or Red Head Solon Wrasse.

Some corals are from the old tank (1/2 of the Euphyllia, mushrooms, polyps, 2 gorgonians) and we added some super nice, big Euphyllia, 2 leathers, Open Brain, Scolymia, Condy anemone. My gorgonians have done really well. I added 30 pounds of live rock to the original 25 and 40 pounds Bimini Pink live sand (had about 10 pounds mature sand in the old tank.)

A million thanks to my friend Rob Grande (from CT) and to Seascapes Aquariums owner Rob Shain. Impossible to do this without them. They are great humans as well as truly accomplished and caring aquarists. You should hire them if you ever need help with set up or maintenance!

Best to you all in 2018 and Happy Reefing!

IMG_2790 copy.jpg
IMG_2789.jpg
IMG_2788.jpg
IMG_2787.jpg

Very nice, tank upgrades can be stressful. I like the gorg!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Tanks looks amazing and thank you Sue for my new Red Sea 170. I will send you pictures once I set it up.

Love the coral placement and rock layout. Will look amazing all grown in. Nice work!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back