afboundguy's downsizing (or upgrading???) 25 gallon cube build

I didn't use the hand scraper as I had a nice big hole in one of my thumbs so I didn't want to leave my hand it too long when I did the water change (plus I couldn't really see anything as it was a mess) so I just used the magnetic scraper to clean up most of the 3 panels and it looks much better but I can also see the algae and all the aiptasia in the tank now :cautious:

Might need to get some bergies and/or peppermint shrimp!!! Still a little cloudy from all the scraping...

0306221326_HDR.jpg

It’s nice to see you getting back into it. If you’d like to split an order of bergia to save on shipping let me know.

It’s nice to see you getting back into it. If you’d like to split an order of bergia to save on shipping let me know.

Are you already ordering them soon or did my post just spark your interest?

Are you already ordering them soon or did my post just spark your interest?
I’ve been putting it off since free shipping minimum is $200 and my mechanic has been dipping into my reef budget. Deeply. &;?#}££>|\%%~, Land Rover

I’ve been putting it off since free shipping minimum is $200 and my mechanic has been dipping into my reef budget. Deeply. &;?#}££>|\%%~, Land Rover

Let me get back to you I'd be interested...

So as a few of you may know I've decided to downsize the tank from my current 55 gallon setup. I've just been to busy with work and school to give it the care it needs. So I'm going smaller and much simpler.

New tank is Dr. Steve's old 25 gallon tank that's brand spanking new... Dimensions are 20"x18" and 16" high. Starphire glass on three sides :D

I'll be keeping a running documentary of most of the build... It will be a little slow sometimes so bear with me...

Plans to include no skimmer with just a HOB filter turned into a fuge. LED lights and some JBJ nano pumps on a wavemaker. I plan on trying to use some of the rock from my two tanks to make something look nice...
Go on you tube and watch Felicia McAuley jars. Lil bigger but same theory. The woman in reefing group does a lot of these tanks this way.

Only took me a few weeks to actually paint the damn thing and then about a week or 2 to post said pictures :ROFLMAO:

0401221445_HDR.jpg
0401221445b_HDR.jpg

Who is this ghost? Where did he come from? Well who knows might have some changes coming in this thread... Rearranged the basement a little for the train layout to free up some room for something... See if you can catch it in this quick YT video I made

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back