afboundguy's downsizing (or upgrading???) 25 gallon cube build

While sitting in my mobile work office in the snow and rain I ordered some brine shrimp eggs and some sieves so I can start collecting the copepods and start seeding the tank...

Got these sieves for a steal of a price... 4 pack of 180, 300, 560 and 900 micron sieves...

sieves.jpg

Reached out to some local clammers in town that I know going to get the hook up for fresh clams and freeze them and feed them to tank like Paul does...

Also out of sheer boredom I may try my hand woth culturing "tigger" pods as well as I'm enjoying thhis live food stuff!!!

Got the new rigid tubing for the mandarin Paul B spot feeder... 3/8" seems like perfext size...

20200326_095257.jpg

Bent the tubing by heating it up with a heat gun. Wasn't a perfect bend but it's good enough!!! For some reason I thought I snapped a picture of it all together but I'm in bed so it'll have to wait for tomorrow....

20200328_163751.jpg

Post 11,000 who-hooo!!! Anyways figured I'd make it about the tank progress... Woke up and snapped a pic of the spot feedee in the tank. It's moved a little which further confirms my intentions of wanting to move it to the rear of the tank so I'll be doing that today at some point and I'll update with pics...

20200329_070326.jpg

Nice work. It even looks reasonably subtle in the tank.

It'll look even better when I place it in the back. I plan on sinking it into the sand so it's more level and blends in even more...

These two don't look thrilled for the upcoming day filled with cleaning the house for an appraisal and any tank duties...

20200329_092412.jpg
20200329_092359.jpg

They're sleeping in so as to be better prepared to assist later.

They weren't much help and I didn't touch the tank except to feed it some LRS food which they devoured. They really seem to love this live food and stuff...

I did trade away my reefkeeper controller to get some nice corals in trade plus some store credit. Got a bubblegum digi, pink birdsnest, purple cap, red cap, green cap and his blue sponge he posted about here.

How about this one?
Old school blue plating photosynthesis View attachment 137125sponge.

Also he hooked me up with an electric pavona frag... Frags chilling out in the way back on the frag rack... Forgot to snap a pic of the pavona but it sure does pop!!!

20200329_154015.jpg

20200329_154023.jpg

Ah Dave... Good to see you still around buddy! Where's the Acan candy?

I'm patiently waiting... Last ones I got didn't make it so I was holding off until I measured my PAR and its in the good acan range but now the plague is upon us so I'm holding off until the dust settles...

Took a video of me feeding the tank... Excuse my squeeky work boots and afboundguy's better half was doing the dishes :p

Also the pods are filling up big time!!! Hard to see thought it came out clearer...

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back