afboundguy's downsizing (or upgrading???) 25 gallon cube build

Wow... I just did a google search for this thread instead of signing in because I'm at work and lazy and saw your post Steve... Tank is doing ok for now. It's mainly all softies and it's in need of a good cleaning but we just bought a house and we've been working on it for the past 2-3 weeks and I'd like to get a bigger tank when we move in but we'll see what the wife says... I'll try to post pictures pre-move and post move to show the difference :-D

Good to see you're still around Dave. Moving is a great Time for an upgrade!! Take it nice'n slow.

Moved a few blocks away from our apartment still in Ipswich. Just got around to cleaning the tank for the first time in 6+ months...

First life in the tank :D

utf-8BSU1BRzAwMjMuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAwMjcuanBn.jpg

Must be a catfish:p

Wow I haven't been on here in a while... 11 months since I last did a water change? Wow no wonder I couldn't see in the tank...

Lots have changed had to put down our cat (the one that was in the tank she had sudden kidney disease at only 4 years old) We got another kitten a few days ago because our new puppy was sad he didn't have his play toy... Pictures of new pets below...

Also snapped some quick pictures of the tank, it's a bit cloudy as I did a water change finally:rolleyes:
20151224_122139_resized_1.jpg

20151224_122156_resized_1.jpg

20151224_122332_resized_1.jpg

20151224_122344_resized_1.jpg

Last edited:
Funny! I was just thinking of you the other day. You like fell off the earth after the auction.

And then here you are. I hope all is well.

Hi dave, cute kitty

Thanks Michelle... She's a hellion for sure...

It's Dave!!!
Cool lookin dog bud!!

Thanks Shane he's awesome... I'm trying to get us a k9 for work so that would be even cooler :-D

Looks like you cloned the cat!

She's a dilute calico... Her grays and browns are more pastel and lighter... Different enough but still similar...

Funny! I was just thinking of you the other day. You like fell off the earth after the auction.

And then here you are. I hope all is well.

Looks like I'm turning into Joe... Show up for the auction once a year... Things are good although I found out last night I have to work an extra week on midnights... Crappy xmas gift for sure... I'll def be back for the auction though always enjoy that and hopefully my tank will be cleared out enough I can add more stuff ::

It times to fill it up with acans!! :D

I'd like to think I have more control than that... And I'm still running an AI Sol nano LED fixture and the last time I tried acans they didn't like it too much...

Much to the chagrin of the wife I spend some extra money that may have come from fantasy football I ordered an mp10 to upgrade the flow. I have a hydor nano pump that just is a little undersized for what I want to go with the tank. I also went ahead and bought a new reef octopus bh50 skimmer. It's a little oversized for the tank (rated for 50 gallons IIRC) but I have 6 fish in the tank so it's a little bit of a heavy bioload and I'd like to try SPS again.

I'm also debating on starting to use kalkwasser for top off or get back to my 2 part dosing. Still have a dual head pump I got from Greg Hiller but not sure if the chemicals are still good :-D Of course then I'd have to buy some testing kits :rolleyes:

Also going to really start hacking away at the purple kenya tree as nobody has really wanted it and start killing the aiptasia with some high concentrate kalkwasser... I'm off midnights and don't have to go back to work until Wed at 4pm so I'll have plenty of time to devote to the tank. Think I might also do another water change... Makes 3 in under 2 weeks!!!

Wow made the mistake of going through the whole thread and it's amazing how much better the tank used to look :( It's amazing how much better they look when you do water changes and have time for the tank lol... I'm even more motivated now to get it to look as good as it did (minus acans probably put I won't limit myself :cool:)

On a side note is there anyone out there that has the citrus acan in my avatar?

So as mentioned in the paint your tank thread I got around to doing it today :D

First I smartly decided to use painters tape to keep it clean :.

20160105_100707_resized.jpg
20160105_100711_resized.jpg

Last edited:
After the second or third coat I was interrupted by the puppy barking at the door :cool:

Gifts for me!!! Courtesy of my awesome fantasy football skills :D
20160105_102209_resized.jpg
20160105_102611_resized.jpg
20160105_102636_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back