afboundguy's downsizing (or upgrading???) 25 gallon cube build

Are you planning on only using it to monitor temperature and not control a heater? Continuous heating ‘mode’ is just an alarm setting that will go off after ‘x’ amount of hours when the unit has been calling for heat but temp has not changed.

I use it as a monitor/alarm for temps outside of a certain range and have my apex actually control the heater. The top and bottom ranges are greater and lower than the Apex, so it doesn’t call for heat unless the apex fails, hence no continuous heat alarm unless the apex temp probe poops out.

if you are using it to control the heater, then you want the continuous alarm set to a reasonable timeframe in case of failure.

Are you planning on only using it to monitor temperature and not control a heater? Continuous heating ‘mode’ is just an alarm setting that will go off after ‘x’ amount of hours when the unit has been calling for heat but temp has not changed.

I use it as a monitor/alarm for temps outside of a certain range and have my apex actually control the heater. The top and bottom ranges are greater and lower than the Apex, so it doesn’t call for heat unless the apex fails, hence no continuous heat alarm unless the apex temp probe poops out.

if you are using it to control the heater, then you want the continuous alarm set to a reasonable timeframe in case of failure.

I want it to monitor temp and control in-so-much as it will turn the outlets on/off when the temp goes over or under the set ranges.

I have my current Inkbird set to 76 at night and 78 during the day, with a +/- 1.

Apologies to @afboundguy for dragging this out in his build thread.

No need to apologize I want to use it to keep the tank from overheating if the heater goes on the fritz. The heaters are keeping the tank at 77 and I have it set on the inkbird for 78 with the nuclear option of 78.5 so I may have to adjust those settings to not have issues...

@bcarm so does this look better? I set it to 75.5 kicks on (T1) and 76.5 shuts it off (T2) does that look right?

Screenshot_20201109-192606.png

One frustrating thing though is the alarm is LOUD and I haven’t figured out how to reset it without unplugging the controller.

I don't have an apex so it'll be the inkbird doing all the work... Hopefully it'll be fine now thanks for the help...

Did a little cleaning of the glass and made sure the inkbird was still working properly and it's been rock steady and the graph is a straight line

Screenshot_20201112-193321.png

Also took a trip to Frank's and snagged me a baby dragon soul and then rearranged some of the corals on the front sandbed. I didn't snap a picture and wife is in the office doing teacher stuff so it's best to not disturb her lol...

Did a little cleaning of the glass and made sure the inkbird was still working properly and it's been rock steady and the graph is a straight line

View attachment 151284

Also took a trip to Frank's and snagged me a baby dragon soul and then rearranged some of the corals on the front sandbed. I didn't snap a picture and wife is in the office doing teacher stuff so it's best to not disturb her lol...

Nice dragon soul

Sitting around looking at the tank last night after I overfed it with some LRS food and just enjoyed the tank. I love to watch all the creepies come out of the crevices and try and snatch up the food. It's been quite a long time since I've feed the tank that much food and all the corals were loving it!!!

20201123_203527.jpg
20201123_203530_HDR.jpg

Sitting around looking at the tank last night after I overfed it with some LRS food and just enjoyed the tank. I love to watch all the creepies come out of the crevices and try and snatch up the food. It's been quite a long time since I've feed the tank that much food and all the corals were loving it!!!

View attachment 151712View attachment 151713
Is that coral on the bottom a plate coral? Looking great! I was thinking about eventually putting one of those in my sand, maybe one of the super bright green ones.

Is that coral on the bottom a plate coral? Looking great! I was thinking about eventually putting one of those in my sand, maybe one of the super bright green ones.

Yes it's a dark purple one with a green edge and a orange striped mouth. I used to have bright orange and green ones and I'd love to add those two colors if I upgrade tanks but I don't have any room on the sandbed currently...

Yes it's a dark purple one with a green edge and a orange striped mouth. I used to have bright orange and green ones and I'd love to add those two colors if I upgrade tanks but I don't have any room on the sandbed currently...
How expensive do they usually go for? Thanks for your time.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back