Any old timers left?

I'm thinking of setting up a tank again. It'll turn into 12 tanks again I'm sure but I'm telling myself it'll just be 1.

Yep. Cannot say how many upgrades / downgrades I have had but still here and still enjoying it through the good and the bad

Do I count I ha e been here sense 2010 but I had a different account name back then

I just jumped back in too.. had a lil 12 gal biocube with a clown pair for a bit and drifted off the site... now I'm in the process of putting together a 54 corner for the new condo I bought in NH! :)

Hey everyone! One Eye how are you doing? It's good to see you on here! I'm not active much on here or with the club, but I'm still around in body anyway lol It's Steve the salt guy from the old Skiptons. I retired from being a fish ninja, and working with fish in 09, but I'm still keeping tanks at home, and I have a few. If you get back into the hobby give me a shout. I would be glad to share some frags with you.

The fish ninja returns! Lol
Good to see people are still around and check in

I just got back in the beginning of the year with a 30gl breeder . I've been in and out of the club, I've met up with Greg about a week ago and he is still reefing.

I was a member briefly over 10 years ago. Had to sell my setup when I moved. Thinking of getting back into the hobby with a moderate setup. State of the art seems to have improved somewhat, which is nice.

-- Kent

I guess I'm an "old timer", though I've never been terribly active (but I've continued to be a member). The tank I started reefing with is still up, and has been running for 13 years straight now (though it took a major turn after the ice storm of 2008). Still have my first fish, too! :)

I guess I'm an "old timer", though I've never been terribly active (but I've continued to be a member). The tank I started reefing with is still up, and has been running for 13 years straight now (though it took a major turn after the ice storm of 2008). Still have my first fish, too! :)

Awesome, let's see it!

Awesome, let's see it!
Ha! Just maybe I will - but it won't be TOTM material, and maybe a shock to some! I haven't been a very "conventional" reefer even from the start, and after the "decimation" in 2008 (lost all sps, clam, lobster, shrimps, hermits, and snails) while having a 1yo son, had an attitude adjustment regarding the tank. I was looking though some old threads, and have determined the last time I bought salt was in 2006 (though I did buy 1600g worth - great group buy)! For now, here is a bunch of stuff I recorded when I first got started: http://reef.mxpark.com

By the way - the fish in the last picture on that site (a yellow tailed blue damsel) "finally" died two weeks ago after ~13 years (and after hanging on for more than three months after becoming totally blind). I've been waiting for that damn thing to kick off for a decade now (I know that sounds harsh - but sadly it's the truth!). "YT" (as we called it) was probably the most regretted purchase I'd ever made - it ran more fish ragged and to death than I'll ever admit to! One NASTY fish (even so there was a soft spot somewhere in my heart for it - but I have no idea where or I would have cut it out long ago!). Also, I realized that my first fish (a tank-raised perc I got from petco) has never come out of the tank for any reason since the first day it went in!

Back