Anybody using Vibrant?

gurumasta

Senior Moron
Does anyone have any experience with using Vibrant for any reason? I have some bubble algae that I want to stay ahead of before it spreads too much and I am considering trying Vibrant. The reviews on R2R are great but I am wondering if anyone local has any input.

I do have a magnificent foxface coming from Divers Den that I am hoping will help out but if not I will prob try Vibrant.

I tried asking before :p not sure if anyone has used it before. I've seen some good reviews but also some poor reviews of it just being a cyano accelerant.

I don't have any cyano issues just some bubble algae. I am only planning on using it for a few doses in hopes that it will kill this crap.

I use vibrant in my hair algae battles, it weakens many algaes, destroyed my bubble algae and slimy algaes, and also wreaked havoc on my chaeto killing it, weakened the caulerpa but parts survived. However my friends bubble algae was undeterred by the vibrant, not sure if there's multiple strains or what. So even my real life reviews are mixed but it certainly does something. Fluconazole for bryopsis now that sh*** the best haha just dosed 3 days ago and it's murdering the stuff. Moral of my story is to cook your pukani rock or end up with an algae mess

I remember seeing a poll somewhere and 60% people said it worked and 40% said it did not work

I used it and it got rid of my bubble algae in a few weeks. I also used the higher of the two doses recommended - although be careful with this, because they may have changed the label.

I did also get some temporary cyano that was fairly minor, and went away when I stopped using the product.

I'm trying this stuff an I will post results. I am nervous about chaeto getting zapped but I want this bubble algae vaporized before it becomes a real issue.

I have seen some results where people have issues with corals but that seems to occur when they have a large amount of algae die off and probably throws the nutrient levels out of whack. I have very low nutrients and the only algae I have is a little bit of bubble.

Fingers crossed yo!

I have a bad case of Dinoflagellates in my frag tank, I was almost to the point of tearing it down so I ordered some a couple of weeks ago and have been using big doses of it, so far it has done absolutely nothing for it.

Jim

I have a bad case of Dinoflagellates in my frag tank, I was almost to the point of tearing it down so I ordered some a couple of weeks ago and have been using big doses of it, so far it has done absolutely nothing for it.

Jim

It took a few weeks for it to work for me. I was willing to be patient since I had an entire bottle and was not observing any ill effects. It looked like nothing was happening and then all of a sudden I noticed the bubble algae dying. Three days later it was gone. I continued the dosing for another two weeks, which is when I started to see cyano, so I stopped using it. The cyano quickly disappeared and the bubble algae never came back.

It took a few weeks for it to work for me. I was willing to be patient since I had an entire bottle and was not observing any ill effects. It looked like nothing was happening and then all of a sudden I noticed the bubble algae dying. Three days later it was gone. I continued the dosing for another two weeks, which is when I started to see cyano, so I stopped using it. The cyano quickly disappeared and the bubble algae never came back.

Did you dose once a week 1ml / 10 gallons?

Thanks!

In the early days of the product, the company said you could do 2x that amount. I have a 60 gallon tank so I was doing 6ml 2x a week. Now I am not sure if the company has changed the formula or revised the dosing, because they were discussing doing that a few months ago. I would check with them. They seem to have good responsiveness.

In the early days of the product, the company said you could do 2x that amount. I have a 60 gallon tank so I was doing 6ml 2x a week. Now I am not sure if the company has changed the formula or revised the dosing, because they were discussing doing that a few months ago. I would check with them. They seem to have good responsiveness.

Werd up thanks for info!

Anyone have any idea if this stuff will work on bubble algae? Ive read mixed revirws, some say yes, some no. Anyone with experience?

I tried an emerald, but he didnt do much and died shortly after, not sure why, tank is healthy otherwise. It isnt a hugh issue yet, but i want to keep it under controll

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Anyone have any idea if this stuff will work on bubble algae? Ive read mixed revirws, some say yes, some no. Anyone with experience?

I tried an emerald, but he didnt do much and died shortly after, not sure why, tank is healthy otherwise. It isnt a hugh issue yet, but i want to keep it under controll

I am coming up on dose number five. I dose 1 ml/ 10 gallons once a week. My bubble algae stopped spreading and turned kind of greyish in color. The larger pieces did keep the green. I manually removed all that I could see and I have not seen any since. I did a manual removal of about half of it like two weeks ago to see if it spread from the ones I popped while trying to remove. I did not see any new at all so I removed the rest a few days ago. I did pop some so I am keeping an eye out but I believe the Vibrant consumes enough of whatever the bubble algae was feeding off of so they will not grow back. Some people believe that popping them doesn't cause a spread and some other people believe the opposite.

I will let you know that I had no nuisance algae at all except for the bubble when I started and I do now have some cyano on my sand bed but it is easy to manage. My fuge is now covered in brown slimy crap and it is pretty much definitely from the Vibrant. I am not going to clean that out for a bit until I stop dosing the vibrant and give it some time. I want it to keep growing in my fuge instead of anywhere else. My chaeto has also not grown at all since I started dosing. I have heard that these issues go away once you stop dosing. If you don't have a place for the brown slime/ cyano that comes with dosing the vibrant than you will most certainly see it in your display.

I will probably do one final dose as long as I don't see any more bubble show up.

I want to recommend it but I would have to say that if you have a high nutrient system you could see some die off and that could cause different issues. Also if you don't have the water volume or a decent sized fuge you are going to be fighting this brown stuff instead of your bubble. It did stop my bubble from growing or spreading. Some of it did disappear as well. I would use it again in my system if I had an outbreak in the future.

Good luck I hope that helps!

My understanding is that this stuff is a bacteria culture and a carbon source (in this case vinegar). Meaning it's basically a low dose approach to to what those running ULNS with biopellets or a like carbon source are doing.

Results are likely due to a reduction in available nutrients (no3, po4, ect). Is there a possibility that there is a bacteria thats actively targeting the algeal, possibly. My opinion is that question would require more research than anyone is willing to pay for.

My understanding is that this stuff is a bacteria culture and a carbon source (in this case vinegar). Meaning it's basically a low dose approach to to what those running ULNS with biopellets or a like carbon source are doing.

Results are likely due to a reduction in available nutrients (no3, po4, ect). Is there a possibility that there is a bacteria thats actively targeting the algeal, possibly. My opinion is that question would require more research than anyone is willing to pay for.

My guess is that is doesn't target the algae but it consumes whatever the nuisance algae is feeding off of. That's most likely the cause of the other algae that seem to show up with vibrant dosing.

Well i have an IM 20gal and no skimmer. Woukd this be an issue with this product? I know skimming is essential for carbon dosing. According to the bottle its only 0.5% vinegar and used as a preservative, not a carbon source.

Well i have an IM 20gal and no skimmer. Woukd this be an issue with this product? I know skimming is essential for carbon dosing. According to the bottle its only 0.5% vinegar and used as a preservative, not a carbon source.

The instructions on the bottle say 1 ml / 10 gallons once every two weeks. I would say start by dosing that amount and watch closely. I wouldn't dose more than the recommended amount in your situation. I dose once a week (2o ml) and took the first couple doses before I started seeing anything so I don't think once every other week should wreak any havoc for you.

Thanks for the advice! Still havnt picked up any, but i think i may. I have some API Agaefix currently, but the bottle doesnt list bubble angae as one that it takes care of. May do a few doses anyway and see what happens.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back