Anybody using Vibrant?

I used Vibrant to get rid of dinos. It didn't work and I ended up with a really bad case of cyano. Never again.

I am done dosing this stuff because of the cyano it has introduced into my tank. My sand bed hates this crap. I will say that I do not see any signs of bubble algae anymore whatsoever. I manually removed a ton of the BA but whatever is in the vibrant is preventing the BA from re-spawning at this time.

I will provide another update in a few weeks to see if any of the BA comes back. This stuff is kind of nasty in that it definitely promotes some brown slime growth but does seem to help limit the growth of other nuisance algae. Trade off like most snake oils I would say.

Werd up..

Reviving this thread. I've been using this stuff for about a month. 4/doses maybe?? I had a bad hair algae problem. It has worked pretty damn good. I did go away for 2 weeks, turned down the lighting a bit and only had the tank fed 4 times. I'm sure that was part of it. Anyways.. just throwing in my experience. Also still have a ton of the stuff if anyone needs some.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

It is the organic carbon inside the vibrant bottle get the job done. It is just an very expansive way to dose vinegar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on the manufacturer the vinegar is 0.5% of the total volume and meant only as a preservative. I have some persistent bubble algae and starting to use it now, will report on results.

The bacteria inside Vibrant are nothing special, you have all those in your tank already.
The vinegar inside the bottle is the one that do the trick (or not).
For $40 per bottle of Vibrant, you can get about 16 gallon of vinegar from your favorite supermarket. That will last you a life time with enough spare to make pickles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using it for about 1-2 months doing the 1ml per 10 gallon dose. I have pretty bad hair algea and some bubble algea. It did make the water look a little more clear while I was using it. However my orange rock anemone has had a horrible reaction and I definitely think it is the result of the vibrant as everything else seems to be on point water parameter wise. Some but not all of my other zoas and rock nem are unhappy as well. I've done water changes and it still looks really sick hopefully it will get better with water changes. I've stopped using it.

Based on the manufacturer the vinegar is 0.5% of the total volume and meant only as a preservative. I have some persistent bubble algae and starting to use it now, will report on results.
I will take it as a grain of salt, the manufacture claim is
95% Cultured Bacteria Blend
1% Amino Acids (Aspartic Acid)
0.5% Vinegar - This is used as the preservative
3.5% Other Ingredients (RO/DI Water)

If it is true, are we looking at a solid bacteria culture at 95% bateria and 3.5% water? It is a seriously messed up claim.

Just for the fun of it, vinegar is used as preservative in food to inhibit bacteria.
I guess in Vibrant, it is used as a food source for the bacteria at low concentration.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back