Anyone with experience with Mp10’s?

Chrisnnemo

Non-member
Just bought used mp10’s. Was told the wetsides were bought 4 months ago. Rattling like a b***ard. Soaked em overnight in vinegar and scrubbed thoroughly. Anything else I can do besides accept the fact I was screwed and buy new wetsides? Do they only last that long?

I bought an MP40 used and had the same thing, turns out it came with spacers for different thickness tanks and I needed to get the right spacer for my tank, luckily the guy I bought mine from had them and just forgot, could that be the problem? also needed tweak it some while running on constant spin the wetside ever so slightly till you find the sweet spot. again mine were the mp40 QD's but assume they are about the same setups.

I have the mp10qd and no it ain’t quite. Apparently mp10s are commonly loud. What I did was set up a 5gal and ran the pump at constant speed from the lowest setting and every day I would ramp it up one notch until it was at full power. This is what ecotech recommended But the problem is no one runs the powerhead at constant speed in their tanks. As soon as you put it into pulse mode the sound comes back. If you hear rattling it might be an alignment issue. But if you hear a loud murmur then that’s just the dry side doing it’s thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input guys, I feel a little better. Disappointed in the Mp’s Though, my jebao and hydor are 100 times quieter, can’t even hear them and I think I paid $50 for both.

Sometimes with the MP10 you have to really work at getting the two sides exactly right move it around a little and see if you can make the sound any quieter

Thanks for the input guys, I feel a little better. Disappointed in the Mp’s Though, my jebao and hydor are 100 times quieter, can’t even hear them and I think I paid $50 for both.
So true, I have a jebao that is way quieter than the Mp40, I cannot run the mp40 on pulse mode because it is way noisier than my two jebao on pulse mode but it moves an incredible amount of water so I run it on reef crest while jebao's run in pulse, pretty crazy for the money they cost

So true, I have a jebao that is way quieter than the Mp40, I cannot run the mp40 on pulse mode because it is way noisier than my two jebao on pulse mode but it moves an incredible amount of water so I run it on reef crest while jebao's run in pulse, pretty crazy for the money they cost
I’m really surprised and disappointed about it, I’m going to try the spacers. If that doesn’t do it I’m done with them. It is crazy...

Yes, MP10 that I have had over the years have had problems with both wetside and dry issues. Support is really good, but I had mine under warranty / or bought myself.

Also verify making sure it is positioned correctly. They also move sometimes and start to make noise.

Check the ceramic shaft this has failed on my me as well.

Having said all the problems with MPs, I have had similar amount with jebos and hydro over the last ten years in my SW and FW

I’m really surprised and disappointed about it, I’m going to try the spacers. If that doesn’t do it I’m done with them. It is crazy...
Stick with them. Even try their support. They are a little finicky but are great once settled and you know the quirks. Especially if you expand to other ecotech products.

Stick with them. Even try their support. They are a little finicky but are great once settled and you know the quirks. Especially if you expand to other ecotech products.
I’ll try all the things you guys said, We’ll see how it works out. Maybe I just have to get over the initial shock of the expectations I had for them because of the price tag they carry. Lol I’m not giving up on them yet. Hopefully the spacer quiets it more. I’ll post how the spacers work out. Thanks for all the input guys, greatly appreciated.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back