Apex Jr

TheRiver

Formally: The River Reef
So I have owned reef keeper lite in the past but do not have much experience as to what are the best modules to add for reef keeping to an Apex Jr... This is on a rimless Biocube 29g

I currently own the Apex Jr (4 outlets) with control screen and temp probe. I own the WXM module to run my MP10 and Radion light. I own a heater, Cobalt Neo Therm 100w heater. So if I understand it correctly, I have 1 open outlet left on the Apex Jr?

Future plans include ATO and skimmer, the ATO will come first. I do not know if I will ever need or desire a dosing pump, etc. I have no experience in this area.
I assume the skimmer just as the return pump needs no control and goes direct to the wall after a safe power strip.

So that math leaves my last outlet for ATO... if controlled by Apex Jr. Which starts my questions...
1) What ATO works best with Apex Jr and/or running a separate isolated ATO, benefits from experience?

2) If I do hook an ATO through Apex Jr I was looking at the breakout I/O box which can ride off either salanity (PM2) or PH (PM1) monitoring. Which monitor would be best to add PH or Salanity?

I know this is a long read and really appreciate the help and feedback I have been receiving!

Apex jr now is good for 7 aquabus modules
( display doesn’t count)
Don’t run anything that’s on a module from the eb4, just plug them into another outlet. You control all that from the module. I’d do pm1 , the ato most people like is the tunze. I run the aqua smart ato but not hooked up to the apex jr.
On my eb4 I run
Return
Skimmer
Heater
And one open plug still
I have wxm and the pm1

Thank you Chris... I had no idea the power cords of anything on a mod didn't need to be on the EB4... those spots are like gold to me lol

I decided to go with the Apex ATK and ordered it today. I really like to keep things tied into the control system and it gives me 2 extra ports for sensors now!

Back