Apex Skimmer Issue

Chris I honestly can't say when in this mess I noticed the switch was open, as I was mopping up and running for towels I was thinking how did this happen the switch is open. I'am not even positive if I turned off the skimmer or it was off by the time my wife got me up from the basement, judging from the large amount of water it had to have been running for some time and most of the overflow falls back into the sump.
I don't use the connectors you show above as we have a whole house generator that kicks on, as I said it was cycling on/off many times prior to the flood.

Now I recall exactly, I came up from the basement ran to the tank and saw the running skimmer overflowing back to the computer saw that the switch was open tried to turn off the skimmer with Fusion but toggle would not operate (fusion disconnected but NO message informing) back to the tank and unplugged the skimmer to stop it.

I'm sorry this happened Jim. Are your internet modem and router connected to a circuit that is powered by your generator?

I'm guessing no. That would be a reason that apex fusion doesn't respond when you lose power. This is unrelated to the original problem but it would explain the toggles not working

Some instant on generators with auto transfer switches do not run all circuits.
Transfer from grid to genny will reboot the modem/router and could take a few minutes to come back online.

Some instant on generators with auto transfer switches do not run all circuits.
Transfer from grid to genny will reboot the modem/router and could take a few minutes to come back online.

I wired this house myself right to the service connection outside, the generator powers the main panel connecting to all circuits.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back