aquaforest on amazon

gwdemos

BRS Member
i heard a large AF distributor is no longer selling AF on Amazon. is this a trend?

Hmm I read somewhere on R2R some gossip about AF going out of business. I doubt it's true and I hope it has nothing to do with their products cuz I just bought 50 pounds of their salt on Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aquaforest is distributed by Deepwater aquatic now.
Both company made a joint statement that AF products will not be allowed on Amazon and eBay.

Last edited:
Here is their announcement:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1506373968.096820.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like they don't approve Amazon. Lol. Well, I think they may not approve BulkReef either。

Last edited:
Actually it's a move to support B&M stores. Aquaforest has been trying to raise their prices, but they have been getting push back from B&M retailers because of online prices.

Basically similar to what SeaChem is trying to do.

I'm not sure whether BRS will be able to carry them in the future or no ... really not sure on their policies.

Full Disclosure: I do not have any insider information. All my statements are just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Removing the universal love, and need for good local shops from my response, and sticking strictly business.
Local shops will never come close to pushing the volume amazon did or could do. Obviously with the intended price increase with it if thats the case, they are trying to create a more exclusiveness for their product, however reality is probably never going to cater it correctly.
Certain areas of this country you can pull it off with the right LFS that are left, but that's a very small percentage,,,,,unless they let the box stores in as well which could be a longer term plan, I dunno.

I've never used their products, or planned to, just a open thought cause this also ties into the LFS dilemma conversation, and the longevity of it overall, realistically.

Aquaforest has been trying to raise their prices, ....

Basically similar to what SeaChem is trying to do.

I don't know what seachem is doing marketing wise. The biggest reason seachem (and aquavitro) salt is more expensive is because it's an anhydrous salt

Agree, who is using Seachem (Aquavitro) salt right now?

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back