Automated Feeders for thawed foods // Anthias Feeding

rwjfish

Non-member
Good morning,

I believe this may be 2 separate conversations, but it kind of falls in the same category.

I may be interested in adding some Anthias to my setup in a little while. The reason I haven't is that I simply do not have the capability to feed more than once per day.

Question 1:
- For those of you with Anthias, how do you manage the 4 times daily feeding?
* Do you feed frozen/thawed or dry pellets? (which foods do you use?)
* Do you use an auto-feeder?

Question 2:
Has anyone here explored the automated feeding of thawed foods by using a dosing pump? I have read multiple forum threads on other forums about this, usually by the same people, but only 1 person that really seems to be doing this long term.

The gist of this is:
1. Set up a wine cooler that cools down to mid-thirty degrees, this will hold thawed mysis for 3-4 days
2. use a dosing pump (with reverse capability) to dose the tank with the thawed mysis.
3. using the dosing pump, after each dosing, reverse the flow to clear the tube of leftover debris and foods.

Arguments have been made that frozen foods are to be fed immediately, and after 1-2 days of being in a thawed state, it starts to spoil and lose healthy proteins and nutrients.

Curious for feedback.

-Rudy

Hello Rudy,
I have 2 types on Anthias and feed them twice a day, never had a problem,they are very healthy .

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back