Battery Backup

MichaelJ

Reefer
BRS Member
I’m sure some of you are using one, is there a clear choice or is it get what you get and cross your fingers?

I do have a generator but usually I am not home to turn it on and my son won’t turn it on until we’ve been out of power for 2 hours. So just wanted one to deal with the heater and water pump , nothing major.

Ecotech battery for my MPs. Also have a DIY battery with MP connectors. UPS for Nero’s. Tunze also has a safe connector for a semi-DIY battery backup.

If it is just to cover 2 hours, main fear is lack of aeration. Can either go for DC battery backup for circulation pumps such as for ecotech or get one of those automated air pumps that automatically detects outage and aerates the tank. In 2 hrs, the tank is unlikely to change temp to a degree that would harm the livestock.

If it is just to cover 2 hours, main fear is lack of aeration. Can either go for DC battery backup for circulation pumps such as for ecotech or get one of those automated air pumps that automatically detects outage and aerates the tank. In 2 hrs, the tank is unlikely to change temp to a degree that would harm the livestock.
Sounds good, I’ll try that….we don’t lose power to often. Thank you

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back