Blue lights /coral

Mixed Reefer

BRS Member
I was wondering what everyone’s favorite coral is when the lights are ramping down. Being new to the hobby I noticed that my purples don’t pop at all, but others colors like green and yellows explode. My kryptonite candy canes are one of my favorites. What’s yours ?

There are many coral especially acro that with popping purple color under day light, such as this one.
Photo was taken using my old iPhone under regular day light:
33520EC3-5E08-4D5F-A5E7-7E53E82AAD73.jpeg

And the good old school Tyree Undata monti, with popung purple rims under day light.

Lighting makes a big difference in additional to the color proteins made by each coral. The color we see at coral are light that reflects off coral, if the led does not produce fuller spectrum, we see less color.

I generally found coral are prettier under full spectrum light with multiple gradians of color instead of just popping green and yellow under blue led.
6CEA6639-1316-434A-81D6-3D9E55245F6C.jpeg

Have an Acan and Zoa habit because addicted to every possible color and texture under the blues.

My tubbs blue zoa colony disappears tho. always try to find something that'll show well under white and blue lighting.

Unpopular opinion.. GSP one of the neater looking things when it's glowing bright.

Back