Bubble algae

blasto_master

Non-member
I was wondering if there is any solution for Bubble algae? Everybody talks about Emerald crabs, but I think they just pop the bubbles and spread the stuff. Is there a better way to combat this stuff?

When I dosed fluconazole and vibrant to rid my tank of Bryopsis and GHA the few bubble algaes I had died really quick. I didn't have the crazy bubbles that took over but it might be worth a try if it's got you feeling down.

emeralds may pop some bubbles, but the key is that they pick on the rock to prevent new ones from forming. emeralds definitely work. They may not get the big ones, but when those burst, the emeralds make sure new ones don't take their place.

Only thing that worked for me was manual removal and a ton of water changes and it never came back luckily. I no longer have that tank setup but I had it running for about a year or so after and i never seen it again.

If you try it just keep an eye out for the spores and suck them up. They are little white things that like they are swimming, really weird.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back