Check out the TOTM on Reef Central

Yes, very nice. I can't wait to my life settles down someday and I can build a large SPS tank.

WOW! That is one of the nicest tanks that I have ever seen. What a collection of some amazing corals. Pretty cool fish selection as well.

Did anyone read the article? I didn't yet...It looks like a really low nutrient tank based on the awesome colors, but I didn't see any mention of ZeoVit in my quick scan. I wonder what his trick is? Usually you don't see those pastel colors with 400W XM 10,000k on a 32" deep tank. I thought it was a T5 tank for sure when I first saw it.

WOW that is unbelievable!!

Who said you shouldn't let SPS corals grow into each other ;)

DSC_0037.jpg

Steve, I had similar thoughts about those pastel colors, except I would have bet that he was running 20k radiums. Very surprised to read that they were 10k XM bulbs.

Beautiful tank.

I notice that most of RC TOTM are SPS based. They're leaving so many really beautiful LPS and Soft dominated reefs on the table.

Kind of a shame. Anyway, outstanding colors. 10K XM's? Really? Where's the yellow water? :)

Did anyone read the article? I didn't yet...It looks like a really low nutrient tank based on the awesome colors, but I didn't see any mention of ZeoVit in my quick scan. I wonder what his trick is? Usually you don't see those pastel colors with 400W XM 10,000k on a 32" deep tank. I thought it was a T5 tank for sure when I first saw it.

I couldn't find any mention of zeovit either.

Hmmm you guys here me mention low nutrient alot, you don't have to run zeovit to do it........Now maybe you know why i'm running my system like that.....does wonders to combat algae also..I'm willing to bet hes feeding rotifers......

It is a bare bottom system if that makes any diffrence on why those colors looks so amazing.

He feeds many times a day but very small amounts, 400 watt 10ks with some actinic supplements, he siphons detritus very often changes 40 gallons of water per week if I remember correctly. There are many colorful corals located in shallow tidal zones on reefs that have beautiful colors and aren't getting mostly blue light but rather more yellow and red wavelengths along with the blue. To me it seems more of an accomplishment to have colorful corals in a tank with a lower K such as 10k. Anyone can make a coral look good in 20k

Back