Chiller instructions confusing me

ReefAddict

BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
Hey Guys,

I picked up a chiller and am setting it up now. A part of the instructions is confusing me. I Need help.

Look at this line from the attached instruction manual:

“When the actual water temperature
is equal to or greater than set water temperature, the chiller begins working.
noTE: The starting temperature difference can be adjusted to 2°F, 3°F or 4°F.”

Does the note and the line before the note contradict each other?

I don’t want to have the temperature difference 2, 3 or 4 degrees. I want it to be 0. If I set the desired temp to 80 I want it to turn on “When the actual water temperature is equal to or greater than set water temperature, the chiller begins working. “ at 80 or greater.

But when I go into that menu only options are 2, 3, 4. If I leave it set to 2 when the desired temp is set to 80 it waits till 82 to turn on. Grrrr.

What am I missing?

7cf6adbf3d8b39fe60d3000af933abbf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I understood, you don’t need to set the difference temp unless you want it

Yes I agree, but whenever I go into that menu there are only 3 choices 2, 3, 4 and there’s no “off” that I see.

I’m thinking maybe there’s some way to reset it. This is driving me crazy.

Have you tried resetting temp tolerance down 2f since you have to pick the +2f

I mean I could work around it easy but I don’t think I should have too.

Let me think this through. If I set desired temp at 80 it will wait till it hits 82 to turn on. At that point I’m assuming once it hits under 82 it will turn off. Will it? I’m getting really confused now.

They seam to have made it such a complex system, when it should be just straight forward on/off
Try googling it and see if anyone else had the same issue

Ok so guess this make sense. I just played around with it.

If I set for the desired temperature to 79. It
Looks like It will come on 81 and shut off at 79.

I still think there is way for it to come on right at the desired temperature.

Ok so guess this make sense. I just played around with it.

If I set for the desired temperature to 79. It
Looks like It will come on 81 and shut off at 79.

I still think there is way for it to come on right at the desired temperature.

You should set your temperature at 78 It will automatically shut off at 80. I had Chillers of all types before

You should set your temperature at 78 It will automatically shut off at 80. I had Chillers of all types before
Even if you set it up at 77 liked instruction says In the Chilla automatic goes off at 80 you’ll be fine just because of one point of temperature difference it’s not gonna hurt your aquarium or You’re live stock;);)

Even if you set it up at 77 liked instruction says In the Chilla automatic goes off at 80 you’ll be fine just because of one point of temperature difference it’s not gonna hurt your aquarium or You’re live stock;);)

Could you explain a bit more, because what I am seeing if I want it to turn ON (not off) at 80 I need to set the desired temperature to 78. With that it’s turning on at 80 then turns off at 78.

Sorry this is my first chiller. Thanks for the info.

Could you explain a bit more, because what I am seeing if I want it to turn ON (not off) at 80 I need to set the desired temperature to 78. With that it’s turning on at 80 then turns off at 78.

Sorry this is my first chiller. Thanks for the info.

When the room temperature risers to 80 and set it up at 80 it will go off at 78 ;) First set up at 80 and then set it up again at 78

I set up at 78 +2
They will turn on at 80 and off at 78

Exactly how I have it set right now. Thanks Tim. ( I wish it had a +1 and on at 80 off at 79 but doesn't look possible)

I set my apex for emergency to shut off chiller if temp <77 just in case.

Might want to double check if unit retains its setting IF powered Down by Apex...otherwise you’ll be resetting chiller when:if apex resupplies power to the unit

Might want to double check if unit retains its setting IF powered Down by Apex...otherwise you’ll be resetting chiller when:if apex resupplies power to the unit

Yes I have tested this it appears to retain settings. Why do some not?

Yes I have tested this it appears to retain settings. Why do some not?

Don’t know honestly just the thought of killing power to it made me think. First time chiller user here. I got a penguin. Was gonna call them soon to make sure i had it set right myself.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back