Free Classroom Reef Tank Project

I'm in North Providence and I can give you some free live rock. It's been in storage with water and circulation. I was going to post it for for free, but with all that's going on, I'm not posting it and would rather give it to someone that has an awesome cause like yourself. I might have some salt as well, but I'm not sure about that one if it's still good or not. PM me and we can meet up.

Awesome, do you guys think I should start the cycle now or wait til after Xmas break? I was under the impression I need rock and sand to start the cycling process but I am new to reefs.

Awesome, do you guys think I should start the cycle now or wait til after Xmas break? I was under the impression I need rock and sand to start the cycling process but I am new to reefs.
I'd wait for sand and some dry rock, those are needed.

I'm in North Providence and I can give you some free live rock. It's been in storage with water and circulation. I was going to post it for for free, but with all that's going on, I'm not posting it and would rather give it to someone that has an awesome cause like yourself. I might have some salt as well, but I'm not sure about that one if it's still good or not. PM me and we can meet up.
PM’d thanks so much!

I have t done this in the past, but contact salt companies and see if they are willing to donate a couple boxes to the school to inspire students to go into saltwater hobbies. It is a good cause and they get advertisement cause when students ask you for help they will ask what salt etc. and you have a sponsor so to speak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a extra aquatic life 115 skimmer I can give you. I’ll need to clean it and check if it works first. A month ago I would’ve given you my tropic eden sand. I tossed it though. Once you have it cycled I can give you some corals for sure and depending on your lighting even a Rainbow anemone.

I have t done this in the past, but contact salt companies and see if they are willing to donate a couple boxes to the school to inspire students to go into saltwater hobbies. It is a good cause and they get advertisement cause when students ask you for help they will ask what salt etc. and you have a sponsor so to speak.

Yeah I have reached out in the freshwater world and ifs been hit or miss but your right I shod and will definAtely give it a shot. Thanks.

I have a extra aquatic life 115 skimmer I can give you. I’ll need to clean it and check if it works first. A month ago I would’ve given you my tropic eden sand. I tossed it though. Once you have it cycled I can give you some corals for sure and depending on your lighting even a Rainbow anemone.
Thanks, so far I have the standard led hood that comes on the biocube. Let me know about the skimmer, I’ll do some research into if it will fit or not. Thanks for your offers. I really appreciate it!!

I have the same one on my biocube 29
I do use the algae free magnet mod on it so it’s in the overflow chamber

I have the same one on my biocube 29
I do use the algae free magnet mod on it so it’s in the overflow chamber
I’ll have to look into that mod, I would be interested in running a similar setup if it’s wirked well in your biocube

Cleaning supplies? All you really need is white vinegar. It will clean all the old algae off of any used equipment you have.

Once you're up and running, I have some free beginner corals I can give you. I live in North Kingstown so it will be easy to meet up.

major nneeds are a test kit and cleaning supplies.

I have API test kit you can have. Still have other equipment for you too if you make it up here in Medford

I have a few boxes of Fiji pink live sand. I’m sure it’s dead at this point but I am running it in all my tanks. I just rinsed it well in buckets before use.

Cleaning supplies? All you really need is white vinegar. It will clean all the old algae off of any used equipment you have.

Once you're up and running, I have some free beginner corals I can give you. I live in North Kingstown so it will be easy to meet up.

Thanks so much for the offer to donate corals, by cleaning supplies I meant the actual tools like an algae scraper.

If anyone has any frags or other livestock they are interested in donating. The tanknis yo and running. We will start adding coral after 2/28 when we visit OSA. Any support is greatly appreciated as always

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back