Clear/white sludge in sump?

jah-hoeva

Non-member
Any idea of what this stuff is? Looks almost like a big glob of superglue. I have not touched or disturbed it. It’s inside my small refugium section of my sump.

Attachments

• A5280155-988E-412F-8972-726B183BB549.jpeg
    A5280155-988E-412F-8972-726B183BB549.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 161
Not sure. I have the white small sponges in the tank. Every now and then I stick my head in the stand and check out the life in the fuge. I noticed that and thought wtf is that. Lol

Was thinking if it was bacterial, I’d yank my cheato, and clean out the whole section and put the cheato back. It’s only some rubble rock and some dead frags in there. No substrate.

I really can't see from the photo but I know in my old 75G set up with a deep sand bed, my 29G sump would occasionally get a build up of sludge that settled in the fuge.
I use to remove the cheato/live rock and use a shop vac to suck it out when needed.

I have a few bags of pond matrix in another section of my sump. Was thinking of removing everything from the fuge and laying down the matrix as a substrate in the fuge and just have that and the cheato in there. Get rid of the sludge, dead frags and rubble rock that’s in there currently.

Back