Condy Anemone vs Pulsing Xenia

madducks42

Resident Nihilist
BRS Member
About two weeks ago we did a 3 day blackout to try and get the brown algae in our tank under control, we added some chaeto to our sump so we were trying to give the chaeto a bump. Didn’t really work, lol. The algae in the tank did die off but it’s already back to almost the same level as before the blackout. Sigh.

The corals were fine during the blackout but the two anemones in our tank moved which I figured they would. The BTA is still going on a walk about. It looked like crap for the last two months so I’m hoping it settles somewhere in the tank and starts to look better. The Condy moved around and then eventually settled back to almost exactly where it was before, except 2 inches over which lands it squarely in the pulsing xenia, lol. I’m assuming it’s eventually going to kill off the xenia which is fine. I put it there originally because I didn’t want to put anything I cared about next to the anemone. So now I get to find out exactly how tough pulsing xenia is.

8d7eeeab1145cdd033e844dfac994e69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 on it melting then reviving somewhere else, that stuff has a mind of its own. Mine is banished to its own special 4g in my bathroom called the Poopico with a rogue green pistol

Pulsing Xenia is still holding on but I think it’s starting to lose ground.

a040939345fdf79f38599f2cd1b64b52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back