Cra closing :(

dilligaf29

Non-member
I can't believe I just got an email that coral reef aquarium in seekonk is closing this very sad :( there last day is march 31

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's very sad news. Even though the place is 90minutes from me, I still take the drive every now and then to see Jeremy and Ruth and gang.
:(

This is disappointing news.....
A lot had changed since that power loss years ago. Back in the day when BRS was doing the Photo Contests, I won 2 of them always picked CRA for the $50 gift card, that was when they were a Sponser.

Sad news

That is very bad news. Jeremy was one of the first BRS sponsors, maybe even the first. I don’t remember.

When we were a new club he was very active on the boards, always giving good advice. He did a ton of work to find a way to get rid of red mites, flat worms,etc. He was always donating to the meeting and raffles.

We used to organize LFS tours a few times a year to try and help the local stores stay open but as the club grew more and more club members would flame the local stores on the forums so we lost sponsors and were not as welcome at the stores.
Pretty soon our only option will be to cross our fingers and hope that the coral we just bought on line looks a little bit like the photo shopped image on the web site.

It is unfortunate, all the great things about what our club has to offer between us in the BRS community........great coral/equipment etc at a significantly lower price point than the brick and mortar stores but bigger/more expansive we get as a community directly reduces the volume of customers walking through their door. Their prices cannot compete with ours unfortunately.

I know I have always tried to keep a balance between the two

It was a good run, but times change and you have to change with them, good or bad. There are ways to stay in business and make money still, but a 2k square foot retail spot with ever rising costs isn't it and we just don't have the desire to try to downsize and move so much stuff to try to keep scratching out a living. Will keep doing the service side instead, and keep selling heirloom tomatoes in the summer!

Thanks for the kind words and support over the years. And I don't apologize for being a broncos fan :p

Sad to see them go. I just picked up a huge beautiful rbta from them. Just started getting my water from them also.

So sorry to see your place go Jeremy. I hope this gives you space to find new enjoyment in this hobby, or anything else that is important to you.

Thanks a ton for the many years of good advice, service and everything else.

I believe they are moving to Hawaii if i'm understanding correctly? There's always been a jar on their counter that says "Hawaii Moving Fund".
Hmm...

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back