Dec. Photo Contest "Your best all around pic of the Year"

jason401

Non-member
To end this years photo contest, lets go with your all around best pic in your photo library :)

This can even be a previously entered photo (as long as you took it and it wasnt a past winner) that you thought desrves a second chance. Or it can be any photo aquaria related.

Good luck and gettm' in :eek:nthego:

Submit photos to
photocontest (at) bostonreefers (dot) org
AND
Please also pm myself when you email me...INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND SCREEN NAME!!

DO NOT FORGET YOU HAVE TO BE A PAID MEMBER TO SUBMIT PHOTOS TO THE CONTEST!!

DEADLINE - Dec 24th, so you have plenty of time to get these in!!!! There's a meeting on the 21st, where you can become a paid member.
Pictures will be Posted for Voting that week, and Voting Ends 7 days after that!

The prize -- A $50 gift certificate to the
BRS sponsor of your choice!!!! YAY!

Each PAID member may submit 2 photos for each contest.

Here are the rules...

- I'll pick a new reef related theme each month... I'll be open to suggestions to make things interesting... PM me if you have an ideas and we'll see what happens...

- Each contest (PAID MEMBER ONLY!!!) will have a submission phase (about 2-3 weeks) and voting phase (7days!)

- Photos must be sent by email to this address: photocontest (at) bostonreefers (dot) org ; please include your forum screen name in the email message so if you win I can give you credit ; Also private message myself that you submitted photos. Please don't post any pictures in this thread only colorful bantering...

- Photos MUST be JPEGs, no larger than 800x600 pixels, and no bigger than 150KBytes; please try to submit as large a picture as possible within those limits. If they are not within these guidelines, they may not be included in the contest.

- Or if you have a link to an outside online photography website (ex. photobucket), just send me the link. Please make sure its within 800x600 pixels. I cannot edit your links.

- I will collect all the photos and post them in random order in a separate voting thread (I will not remove any copyright/author information on the photos themselves)

- Photos should be judged according to content composition, color, and other relevant criteria. If they are clearly out of context they won't make it into the voting phase. I reserve the right to remove a picture if it is clearly not within the content...

- Please don't "stuff" the ballot box by registering for multiple accounts, asking friends to vote, or having people sign up just to vote... This is meant to be a fun way of showing off our photography skills please help keep it that way...

- Photos that have won earlier contests cannot be re-entered. As well the previous month's winner is not allowed to submit a photo until the following month.

- It has to be your photograph that you took...and you have to be a paid member!

Any questions or comments, feel free to post here or contact me

Last edited:
Hello, please be patient. Something has come up and Jason will be addressing the "Photo Contest" shortly.

Regards,

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back