Dosing Question

jcherepo

BRS Member
Hi - I am looking for some recommendations on dosing. I currently have a 55reef with fish and loads of misc mushrooms a leather and misc polyps. The tank has been set up for about 8 years and I only dose ESV B Ionic. My salt mix is Red Sea pro coral. I am in the process of upgrading to a 175 gallon tank. Along with that I will be looking to eventually add sps and lps. Looking for some recommendations for a dosing regiment along with what brands people favor. I know a lot will depend on my tanks eventual requirements, but just looking for what others use to get me started. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of people use Randy's home made 2 part, bulk reef supply 2 part( same as randys but pre packaged) or bionic. I use Randy's 2 part personally.
Get a dosing pump it'll make it a lot easier and more stable then dosing manually ,that would be my biggest recommendation

yah agree with Chris. I use the brs stuff. Really recommend some form of dosing pump if you can. it makes life so much easier. I use some of the 1.1 ml brs pumps on an apex controller.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

you are going to love having the bigger tank. the larger water volume makes things so much more stable.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thanks Guys. I do use an Apex on my 55, just not the DOS module. It is on my list for my new tank however. My current leak detection sensor has saved me from a flood on more than one occasion!

For a 175 g tank, will you consider a calcium reactor?

A calcium reactor will be great for a tank that size as there will be enough buffering capacity in case of overdose. Calcium reactor can be intimidating to dial in but it is set and forget type of thing till the next media refill.

Calcium reactor can dose trace elements with the right reactor media, such as Reborn from TLF, it is coral skeletons which provides more balanced supplementation.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back