Ecotech Versa Replacement Tubing Alternative

Brady

Non-member
What kind of tubing are people using to replace the Ecotech Versa tubing? Almost $20 and replacing every couple of months is getting crazy.

I use it as a auto top off.
thats so weird that you have to replace it so often. I use it with my calcium reactor before and it last me at least 6 months. so really don't know why your tubing goes bad just for ato when it doesn't run continuously.

I use it as a auto top off.
This may not be the best idea. Peristaltic pumps are generally not ment to be used continuously (or for extended periods) and often have a published life span rating (3000hrs range?) Peristaltic pumps can last a long time running 10 mins a day to dose but may have a short lifespan if they are running continuously or for prolonged periods as an ATO on a bigger tank.

Last edited:
I just got the versa and reading online, people are using the following from mcmaster Carr:
5894K33Continuous-Flex Soft Tygon PVC Tubing for Food and Beverage, 3/16" ID, 5/16" OD, 5 ft. Length
I ordered some in but will not do a prophylactic replacement until 3 months. I am running 50 ml/min continuous on a calcium reactor. Do others have a suggestion for service interval on the tubing at 50 ml/min continuous? The tubing is very cheap so why not just swap it out periodically to avoid the drama of a leak/Alk swing. They are marketing the versa as continuous use and it has the unique capability of continuous dosing with the ability to set different flow rates during the day to beat down the diurnal alk swing of a calcium reactor.

By any chance that someone have an extra retainer ring for the versa? I replace my tube and my kid broke the plastic ring

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back