Sold Enormous teal carpet (clownfish hosting) anemone FS - pickup only Wakefield MA - $700

Greg Hiller

BRS Moderator
Staff member
BRS Member
I've had this carpet anemone for many years. I purchased it from Randy Holmes-Farley when he shut down his tank. It is a bright teal color, always has been. You need a lot of space for this. It will slowly crawl to the top of your reef structure, but in my experience, once it is happy it does not move around for years. This anemone might come attached to some rocks, but I will not take the chance to attempt to pry it off. The anemone has been super healthy for many years. It currently hosts two maroon clownfish in their third decade of life. If you want the clowns you are also welcome to them, but I might not be able to catch them. They are so old and have become so dark you probably will not want them anyhow.

You can feed the anemone or not, doesn't seem to make that much difference. It recently snacked on an urchin from my tank...would not have believed it if I didn't see it.

Pickup is in Wakefield MA. I'm not shipping, I've no idea how I could. If you are seriously interested send me a PM with your cell number.

Photos taken a few days ago.

Attachments

• teal carpet with ruler.jpg
    teal carpet with ruler.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 233
  • teal carpet anemone.jpg
    teal carpet anemone.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 222
Wow that is the longest captive living Gigantea Carpet anemone i have seen. seen it in person many years ago..... i hope the person who got it will continue to keep it happy and healthy.

Back