First apex system ideas and help please

BackwoodsReefs

Backwoods Reefs
BRS Member
I got this nice apex setup its my first one were do i start?

What are some good add ons to get the most out of this apex.

Any tips and tricks or what do you guys controle or moniter with the apex ?

I want to add a salinity probe eventually

Attachments

• 20171001_134132.jpg
    20171001_134132.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 208
I got this nice apex setup its my first one were do i start?
That's a pretty broad question. The very 1st thing I would do is read the comprehensive manual it is going to cover installing, getting it online, as well as more advanced features. An interesting side note this was NOT written by neptune systems, it was written by a 3rd party (Alan jones) and officially adopted later! I'll bet some other early apex users out their remember the origional manual.

What are some good add ons to get the most out of this apex.

Add ons are entirely dependant on what you wish to accomplish. There are also several add-ons that are equipment specific. If you have no ecotech products a wxm module would not be useful.

Any tips and tricks or what do you guys controle or moniter with the apex ?

Everything.

I want to add a salinity probe eventually

Strictly my opinion but the salinity probe is absolutely the least reliable monotoring device the apex offers. Salinity probes in general are notorious for false readings. Should you decide to get one be wary about allowing it to automatically adjust salinity levels.

Thank you for the reply i wouldnt let it adj salinity its just nice to have a rough idea sometimes . I have radion gen 3 pros and a tunze ato and a few tunze powerheads and jebaos. What do you spacificly use your apex for on your tank?

Thank you for the reply i wouldnt let it adj salinity its just nice to have a rough idea sometimes . I have radion gen 3 pros and a tunze ato and a few tunze powerheads and jebaos. What do you spacificly use your apex for on your tank? And add ons have worked for you

I use a wxm. A vdm. Some homemade add-ons through the years.

Its easier to say what I don't control through apex. I don't control my return or skimmer pumps through apex because I don't turn them off.

I find it nice to control the skimmer to turn off and a delay turn on when the return turns on/off for whatever reason, this is not required if your skimmer is not very sensitive to water levels this is NOT the case with mine. This can also be done with delay AC boxes available.

Jim

I love mine. A lot of the benefit for me is offline monitoring (as I travel a lot) and tank log. My pharma stability testing co-workers laugh when I show them my control charts for my fish tank
cf08896149e5ecb7a1df179a1e432fe1.jpg
f020c8cd881e98cd881c947710ba4a71.jpg
1528825d5271cee97a1445c24d386a24.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back