Fish weren't doing well in CP

jasonrusso

Non-member
Last Thursday I got a royal gramma and an orchid dottyback. I put them in a 10 gallon QT. I put in 50mg/gal of CP. They were still eating so I put in a dose of API GC. They ate the next day. They started slowing down for the week. Last night the gramma was lying down sideways on the bottom, I tapped him with the net handle and was kind of moved, so he wasn't dead but not well. The orchid was hiding behind the filter.

I put the carbon in the filter to remove the meds figuring they were having a reaction. This morning wasn't much better. I figured they were goners and had a bad day.

When I got home, they were both out swimming. Both readily ate some LRS nano. So at this point, I'm going to monitor them for another week. If all is well next Saturday, into the DT they go. I'm hesitant to add more medication. Hopefully they were healthy when I got them, and if not 7 days of CP and 1 course of GC was enough.

Fyi, this is the same "recipe" I have used for my last 7 fish without issue. Maybe these 2 are more sensitive? The last ones were clowns, firefish, foxface, angel, and tang.

At this point I am just going to observe. They had at least one course of GC, and a week of CP that would have killed any swimmers. Neither had any cysts that would have dropped.

They both seem more active than they had all week and they were hungry.

Neither showed (or show) any obvious signs of illness (now, haha).

Back