Flame Angel spots

Rgbpixels

Non-member
Grrr. So I added my flame angel to my DT after 30 days in Qt last night. Today he has two white spots that look more like parasites than ick. I cannot catch this little bugger to put him back in QT. Any thoughts? Hope the rest of fish are not doomed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any chance that he picked up the spots from the DT? After 30 day QT it seems like that would be more stressful than a move to the DT. Also did you treat for anything in QT or just observe and feed?

Any chance that he picked up the spots from the DT? After 30 day QT it seems like that would be more stressful than a move to the DT. Also did you treat for anything in QT or just observe and feed?

He got prazipro and paraguard in qt. Everyone in my DT is problem free. Well they were anyway. Hope they stay that way

Update: so the next morning they were completely gone. In past few days everyone looks fine with no signs anywhere. Breathing a sigh or relief, for now.

That’s good to hear!! Sometimes we need to step back and not be so nerotic over our little oceans. Like Paul B says keep the fish healthy and fat and don’t fret the small changes. Observe and learn is the best we can do sometimes

Well that was short lived. Today my hippo and kole tang have spots!!! Not sure how to go about treating them.

Are you able to identify the parasite/fungus? I am not sure what the medications are for that you used, but if you have a clear photo of the spots we can try to identify it and then figure out a possible route to helping your fish out.

I can’t take them all out of the tank. But here is the best shot I could get.
e77250fc904ea8df66d98eb19a134b74.jpg

The spots look fuzzy, more like a fungus. Without removing them best thing I could recommend with no positive ID is feed them well. There is a product people use to help the immune system. On a quick search I found Kent makes a vitamin C supplement that helps their immune systems. I want to say selecon or something like that was previously mentioned. Dipping dry foods into that.

Back