Four months full tank shot

reefkeeper2

BRS Member
So this tank was started in March and now it's July. Still have a few algae issues but otherwise things are going well. I may try an experiment with some of the Quanta Pro light bars to see if I like them better than the ReefBrites . My present lighting reminds me of the old days when I had metal halide with VHO fluorescents. The Kessils have replaced the metal halides and I can try different light bars like I used to try different fluorescent bulbs. A big change from the AI and Radions I've done in the past. Sorry about the reflections in the pic. It's a sunny day and light is bouncing around everywhere.
20220703_145153.jpg

So this tank was started in March and now it's July. Still have a few algae issues but otherwise things are going well. I may try an experiment with some of the Quanta Pro light bars to see if I like them better than the ReefBrites . My present lighting reminds me of the old days when I had metal halide with VHO fluorescents. The Kessils have replaced the metal halides and I can try different light bars like I used to try different fluorescent bulbs. A big change from the AI and Radions I've done in the past. Sorry about the reflections in the pic. It's a sunny day and light is bouncing around everywhere.
View attachment 179291
Looks fantastic! Can you post more photos of specific corals?

I've noticed that most of the frags have pale coloration. My Nitrate and phosphate levels are undetectable and so I attribute it to that. If I supplement Nitrate, I get cyano and hair algae growth. Not sure whether to do anything or just leave it alone.

Looks great! I’ve struggled to keep nitrates up too. I‘ve landed on feed more, skim less, but it sure is strange that we’re trying to elevate nitrates these days.

What‘s your experience been like keeping your trigger in the reef? I’ve only kept them in fish only systems. Does he snack on tanksmates?

I've noticed that most of the frags have pale coloration. My Nitrate and phosphate levels are undetectable and so I attribute it to that. If I supplement Nitrate, I get cyano and hair algae growth. Not sure whether to do anything or just leave it alone.
I had this issue for a while too, not sure why but one day it stopped. I attributed it to the natural maturation of the tank (~5 months in)

That looks awesome! Where did you get such big colonies? Were they from a previous tank?

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back