Generator power for 60 hours

mpsteve

Sps connoisseur
Almost 60 hours on generator power. Tanks temp has been at 70 that whole time. Hopefully everything is fine

I’m sure it will be. For some reason I can’t get onto apex fusion. Wish I could so I can change the temp to like 73 for like 4 hours then to say 76 for another 4 then back to 78

Is your router hooked up to the generator and internet working at home? If not the fusion won’t connect to your phone/app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sure it will be. For some reason I can’t get onto apex fusion. Wish I could so I can change the temp to like 73 for like 4 hours then to say 76 for another 4 then back to 78
Even if you don't have outside internet you can access the Apex through the classic interface as long as your home network is up.

Yes I’m back on normal power. I reset everything 5 times now. Never had this issue. Submitted a ticket to Neptune systems

Even if you don't have outside internet you can access the Apex through the classic interface as long as your home network is up.

Correct.

I have been since Wednesday midnight without electricity. Half of the house + well pump is hooked to the generator. As well as all the tanks and internet. So I do have access to Apex because it is wired to the router.

I cross my finger expecting to have power today. All the areas around mine have power restored based on the National Grid map.

e6776fdb0e17903ec474fb15e3174961.jpg

I went today to load again two 5 G tanks for my generator. I have a Prius Prime (plug in) and we have fun with the gas station owner because in these 3 days I spent more money in gas for my generator than the amount I would expend in the prius.... could be in ~ 2 years :) ja ja ja :-(

So I got it to stick, the new temp settings. Took about a thousands clicks. It’s like the apex is connecting and dropping the connection multiple times a second

If you’re on generator, why does your tank temp drop to 70? If the generator is not sufficient, I would kill everything else except for flow and heat. Everything else can wait including your hot shower.

If you’re on generator, why does your tank temp drop to 70? If the generator is not sufficient, I would kill everything else except for flow and heat. Everything else can wait including your hot shower.

Because portable generators some times don’t stay at 60hz so you have dirty power and some electronics won’t run 100% like my heaters, mag pumps, my pellet stove. They all work but not perfectly

I hope this graph shows you what I mean Nick. But portables don’t produce clean power(60hz) like the power companies power. So some electronics don’t run at 100% like my heaters, some water pumps, my pellet stove and even the lights in your house. Hence why they flicker.

aa3d4f85385739e53cf1b4fa14fe9e4f.jpg

Stop buying sh** product! :p
Get a Honda and your tank will be running at 80 and be in your shorts with your pellet stove running properly.

Wish I could afford a Honda generator that puts out 8000w 10,000w peak

Got power at ~11PM.... hurray. MPSTEVE for these 3 days I had a 5500 W ~8600W peak. It kept my pellet stove, well pump, lights in master bedroom, kitchen and living room, 2 refrigerators with freezer, plus from the kitchen I took an extension where I plugged my reef tank plus fuge and another Discus tank. And to the house lines there where plugged 2 Angel fish tanks (65G , 40G, 75G, 45G and 30G) and a 35 G brute with my new Marine water for my weekly WC all heated to 78 and the discus I reduced it from 85 to 81.

When all the lights where ON and all tanks fully working the system was in the limit. 4-5 times during the day, if someone used the toilet and the well pump started, tripped the generator, but sometime it didn't. Meaning it was really in the limit of their capacity. BUT did the job. No complains at all.

I am writing all this info to give an idea if someone wants to buy a generator.

Nevertheless, I think I will invest in one as mentioned 8000W 10000 W peak dual fuel to have that extra power and avoid,any tripping. And the dual fuel to use propane (BQ Tanks) and gas. That will give a little more of flexibility. They are ~$800 -$1000. Not cheap, but neither too expensive for this hobby.

https://www.championpowerequipment.com/product/100165-7500-watt-dual-fuel-generator/

Cheers

Ps: I forgot to say the brand : Briggs & Stratton

Last edited:
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back